Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

How much does it cost to replace Thai visa?

Posted by momo82 on 10/10/2009 at 15:16

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I had my passport stolen (including other items). I'm in the process of replacing my British passport.

I entered Thailand via Laos by air on sept 21st and my original visa should expire oct 21/22.

Once I have collected my replacement pp in Bangkok I need to head over to the Thai Immigration. I'm unsure as to whether they do or should charge to replace a visa within a stolen passport (I have the original police report etc).

Any info or advise would be much appreciated. Since all my stuff got stolen (money, ipod, camera etc) ive been living on an extremely tight budget.

Thanks in advance.

#1 momo82 has been a member since 23/3/2009. Posts: 10

Posted by thaitraveller09 on 15/10/2009 at 11:02

Mate,

I just went through the hell mission replacing my visa and passport when it was stolen.

It would take my hours to write all the different scenarios you may run into. If you want you can call me and I'll tell you the dilly.

My names Jerry and my number is 0878 870 769.
I've lived here in thailand for just over 3 years and own a farmstay in Krabi donate-a-cow.yolasite.com

Cheers

#2 thaitraveller09 has been a member since 15/10/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.