Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

travelling thailand with 12 yr old for xmas and new year, best places to visit.

Posted by aynat73 on 13/10/2009 at 01:00

im travelling to thailand beginning of dec, flying to bangkok, then heading to chaing mai, and around, wanting to spend new year in koh samui, could anyone recommend somewhere to stay for xmas, where there is something to do, its going to be our first xmas alone due to berevement and we want it to be special. got a budget of around £60 per night.
also we would be flying back from bangkok on the 2nd or 3rd jan, would we be able to travel back from koh samui in time (not sure bout transport during new year celebrations) any advice on travelling in thailand would be appreciated. we havent booked any accomodation, will we be able to find it easy enough during the holiday period?
xx
xx

#1 aynat73 has been a member since 13/10/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/10/2009 at 10:29 admin

Transport on and over New Years shouldn't be a problem, though I'd be booking flights now, but accommodation might be.

You may want to give the following a read regarding the need for making reservations in advance

As for recommendations for Xmas -- something like Pai might be interesting and relaxing -- certainly good for kids.

More on travel with kids here:
12 great destinations to take kids in Southeast Asia

More questions, ask away!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tezza on 13/10/2009 at 17:24

Ko Phangan is a short ferry ride from Samui, and has an abundance of beaches, some with good contrasts to Samui's popular beaches.
One real nice one I stayed at this August was Hat Salad - at Cookies which meets your budget. But there are plenty of other possibilities.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by MADMAC on 13/10/2009 at 22:59

When I was 12 I wish my dad had brought me to Soi Cowboy

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.