Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

looking for : best little beach

Posted by monikaundsandra on 13/10/2009 at 02:12

hello,

sorry, i hit return to fast and sent this message off empty..
no i did not discover a secret little natural wonderland, where the best of thailand´s beautiful beaches can be found in one not-too-hard-to-reach spots, which is not crowded but where a cocktail,food and accomodation is easily accessible without spending lots of money in a huge resort, where snorkeling, swimming and living the good life is possible without sharing it whith hundreds of tourists is possible.. and all that within lets say 1 daydtrip from bangkok, with perfect weather conditions in mid-november.
too much to ask? probably not but so much to choose from, that´s why i would love to hear your ideas.
thank you alot, monika

#1 monikaundsandra has been a member since 2/10/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by mattocmd on 13/10/2009 at 10:00

Monika,

A good place to start is to check out this article:

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/43

A one day trip from Bangkok....are you going to fly or take a bus?

#2 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Posted by exacto on 13/10/2009 at 10:11

excellent tip from mattocmd with heaps of good info on which island is best for you. particularly take a look at ko maak on the east coast and see what you think. regards.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/10/2009 at 17:08 TF writer

I loved Ko Wai (off of Koh Chang). It's my private little paradise, but that was 4 years ago... :(

Otherwise I like Koh Tarutao and Koh Adang (nowhere near Bangkok though, sorry!).

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/10/2009 at 17:09 TF writer

Sorry, lemme retry this with better spellings so that the articles are auto-linked:

I loved Ko Wai (off of Koh Chang). It's my private little paradise, but that was 4 years ago... :(

Otherwise I like Ko Tarutao and Ko Adang (nowhere near Bangkok though, sorry!).

#5 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Posted by tezza on 13/10/2009 at 17:16

"...beautiful beaches can be found in one not-too-hard-to-reach spots, which is not crowded but where a cocktail,food and accomodation is easily accessible without spending lots of money in a huge resort, where snorkeling, swimming and living the good life is possible without sharing it whith hundreds of tourists is possible.. and all that within lets say 1 daydtrip from bangkok, with perfect weather conditions in mid-november."

Ao Putsa/Pudsa/Tubtim on Ko Samet ticks all those boxes but one - snorkelling aint great.

#6 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 13/10/2009 at 21:36 TF writer

the snorkelling on Ko Wai is quite good and right off the beach.

#7 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.