Thailand forum

looking for : best little beach

• monikaundsa-
    ndra

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2009
    Total reviews: 8

hello,

sorry, i hit return to fast and sent this message off empty..
    no i did not discover a secret little natural wonderland, where the best of thailand´s beautiful beaches can be found in one not-too-hard-to-reach spots, which is not crowded but where a cocktail,food and accomodation is easily accessible without spending lots of money in a huge resort, where snorkeling, swimming and living the good life is possible without sharing it whith hundreds of tourists is possible.. and all that within lets say 1 daydtrip from bangkok, with perfect weather conditions in mid-november.
    too much to ask? probably not but so much to choose from, that´s why i would love to hear your ideas.
    thank you alot, monika

#1 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 02:12

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Monika,

A good place to start is to check out this article:

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/43

A one day trip from Bangkok....are you going to fly or take a bus?

#2 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 10:00

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

excellent tip from mattocmd with heaps of good info on which island is best for you. particularly take a look at ko maak on the east coast and see what you think. regards.

#3 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 10:11

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

I loved Ko Wai (off of Koh Chang). It's my private little paradise, but that was 4 years ago... :(

Otherwise I like Koh Tarutao and Koh Adang (nowhere near Bangkok though, sorry!).

#4 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 17:08

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

Sorry, lemme retry this with better spellings so that the articles are auto-linked:

I loved Ko Wai (off of Koh Chang). It's my private little paradise, but that was 4 years ago... :(

Otherwise I like Ko Tarutao and Ko Adang (nowhere near Bangkok though, sorry!).

#5 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 17:09

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

"...beautiful beaches can be found in one not-too-hard-to-reach spots, which is not crowded but where a cocktail,food and accomodation is easily accessible without spending lots of money in a huge resort, where snorkeling, swimming and living the good life is possible without sharing it whith hundreds of tourists is possible.. and all that within lets say 1 daydtrip from bangkok, with perfect weather conditions in mid-november."

Ao Putsa/Pudsa/Tubtim on Ko Samet ticks all those boxes but one - snorkelling aint great.

#6 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 17:16

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

the snorkelling on Ko Wai is quite good and right off the beach.

#7 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 21:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.