Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

domestic flights bangkok to chiang mai

Posted by monikaundsandra on 13/10/2009 at 02:40

hello -
i am trying to get the best out of the little time i have in thailand so i am trying to arrange for transportation from bankok to chiang mai. i visited thailand 10 years ago and spent a night on a bus but am looking for a more comfortable way. unfortunately the night train is booked out for the days in question so i am considering flying. i can find out prices but i would like to hear experiences - i am not very fond of flying, even i have to to get me there in the first place.
any good, particularly bad experiences with what airlines?
thanks for sharing
monika

#1 monikaundsandra has been a member since 2/10/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by Sannes on 13/10/2009 at 03:15

Last summer I had two domestic flights with Air Asia. Although flying with AA is cheap, the plains were in good shape and the service was fine. When I landed on Surat Thani the weather was very bad, a lot of fog which was a little bit scary but had a very smooth landing so no complains at all. I'd deffinatly recommend flying with Air Asia!

#2 Sannes has been a member since 9/10/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by bubibi on 13/10/2009 at 07:25

I went from bangkok to phuket in rather bad weather condition (rainy season, thunderstorm and got many turbulence) by Air Asia, and it was fine.

#3 bubibi has been a member since 2/10/2009. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.