Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

19 days in the Thai Islands - HELP itinerary!!!

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Hello!!
    I`m going to Bangkok 25th Oct, after Camboja, Vietnam (Saigon) and from Saigon I`m going to The Islands in Thai. I`m going 11/11 and take the plane to go back 28/11 in Phuket.
    I'm completly lost about how to go from Saigon to the Islands (cheaper flights) and in which islands visit in 19 days.
    Has somebody some suggestion???
    Thankssssss!!!!
    Ingrid

#1 Posted: 16/10/2009 - 09:11

• Advertisement

• krisim

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 8

Hi Ingrid,

I suggest that you fly from Saigon with Air Asia, they've got cheap flights, http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/home.jsp
    You can fly to Bangkok and then from their you can fly to Krabi, Phuket or Hat Yai in the south of Thailand. When their you can spend your time island hopping in the Andaman Sea and you won't be too far away from Phuket when it's time to fly home. Here you can read a lot about the islands and transport in the Andaman Sea http://www.andaman-island-hopping.com/index.htm
    Another option is to fly with Air Asia from Saigon to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and then work your way up through the Adaman Sea to Phuket.

Have a great trip!

#2 Posted: 16/10/2009 - 13:23

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Hello Krisim!
    Thank you very much for the tips! I just saw the site that is very good, but it`s a little hard choose between a lot of beuatiful islands to see in short time!
    If you have a suggestion about the best islands I would thanks a lot!
    Thanks again!
    Ingrid
    P.s. : I would like, also, know where is the best place (and not too expansive)to do the PADE to diving there (the best value for money).Do you have some suggestion?

#3 Posted: 16/10/2009 - 15:03

• krisim

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 8

Yes I know, it's hard to decide. You better read a little more about the ones that you find interesting.
    Ko Lanta is a quite big island with lots of accommodation in different prices and there are good possibilities to do daytrips from there where you visit a couple of island (to find out more about them). I should also suggest Lanta for diving, they have a couple of diving companies. I've been diving with Lanta Divers and found them good.
    I like Ko Jum very much. It's really laidback, small bungalow places where you can stay, at least 2 years ago i didn't see an internetcafé and there are not much nightlife. Just relax and enjoy.
    I don't know much about the islands further south but hopefully someone else can give you some more information about them.

#4 Posted: 16/10/2009 - 16:07

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Probably the best airport to fly into from Bangkok for the islands is Phuket , because it tends to have more flights, and more discounted flights plus more nice islands and mainland beaches nearby accessed by good transport links.

The classic Phuket combination goes something like Phuket-Phi Phi-Lanta-Jum- Krabi . If you can get a reasonably priced flight into Krabi you could do this route in reverse of course. Andaman Island Hopping shows these places are all linked by ferries.

There are plenty of other nearby opportunities like Khao Lak and the Similans/Surins to the north, or adjacent to Phuket the laid back islands of Yao Yai and Yao Noi. Krabi is within easy reach of these too.

#5 Posted: 16/10/2009 - 18:42

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Thank you very much for the tips! I`m going to look for more information about the island the you suggest! :))
    Thank you!!
    Ingrid

#6 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 18:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Trip Advise : Thai Islands - Laos - Cambo (25 days) ... By dharmakaya on 12 May 2008 5 2981 19 May 2008