Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

ayuthaya from Bangkok airport

• backpack

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2009

Is there a way going to ayuthaya straight from the airport?
    how much does a taxi suppose to cost?
    thanks!

#1 Posted: 17/10/2009 - 21:20

• Advertisement

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

we agreed on 1000THB last fall for taxi from the official queue (meter off for out of town trips), took about 90 min. Might be able to bargain it lower.

#2 Posted: 17/10/2009 - 22:46

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Certainly no more than 1000 baht for the taxi, though you may be able to bargain down to around 800. Otherwise you can take a taxi from the airport to Morchit (northern) bus station and catch a bus from there (as I recall, when you walk in the terminal the booths for Ayutthaya are not hard to find and have good signs in English). I'm guessing a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Morchit would run around 200 baht, and the bus ticket from there to Ayutthaya is something like 70 baht/person. There are other ways too (train, mini-bus from Victory Monument, tourist bus from Khao San), but I've not tried any of those.

Good luck,

DL

#3 Posted: 18/10/2009 - 01:12

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

back in the day when Don Muang was Bangkok's main airport, after arriving on the redeye flights from Europe I'd take the pedestrian bridge across the road to the small Don Muang train station and catch a train directly to Ayutthaya from there, as most trains coming through that station stop in Ayutthaya. it's a classy, scenic, cheap, and reasonably short train trip and Ayutthaya was a great place for a day or two to get past jet lag.

i imagine that in addition to the good suggestions above, you could catch the airport bus that goes to Don Muang and then connect by train from there. might be another, less expensive option for you.

#4 Posted: 18/10/2009 - 07:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
airport to ayuthaya? ... By nigatu on 20 Feb 2007 4 1432 23 Feb 2007
Bangkok-ayuthaya-chaing mai ... By worldbound on 2 Mar 2011 3 5905 3 Mar 2011