Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Budget for 6 Months

• Gusty79

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2009

Hi, I am leaving for SE Asia next week for 6 Months. I have looked around for Ideas on budget etc..I plan on having around £900 a month. What do you guys think? I am Diabetic so might have to spend a little bit more on accommodation (need a fridge for meds). I am planning on going to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia. I would like to do a few activities tours/treks etc.. and enjoy a bit of nightlife once in a while.

Do you think £900 a month will be enough? first time backpacking?

Please let me know what you think ?

#1 Posted: 19/10/2009 - 05:18

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd say that should be ok -- assuming you're looking at the upper end of backpacker/lower end of flashpacker style accom and not travelling all the time (as that will push up your average costs) then £30 (around US$50) a day should be fine.

#2 Posted: 19/10/2009 - 07:54

• HoangDJ

Click here to learn more about HoangDJ
    Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2009
    Location Vietnam

http://www.twoguysaroundtheworld.com/blogs/travel/threetipsfortravelingtheworldforayearunder10000.html

If you ever read this above, you'll know that your list of countries is listed as "cheap countries". We are not as good as those guy who traveled around the world with $10,000, but with your £5,400, in my point of view, that's more than you need.

#3 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 18:49

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

Nightlife can put a serious hole in your pocket.

#4 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 18:58

• Gusty79

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2009

Thanks for this info guys. Only a few days to go now!

#5 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 22:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.