Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Islands in Nov... just like everyone else

• Whynot

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2009

I am currently in Thailand and loving my slow and sceneic adventure up north! I will eventually head to cambodia and then off to the islands (end of Nov, first week of december). I am open to all suggestions of which island to go to and am happy to return to bangkok and go from there as well or search island refuge to thailand from Cambodia. I dont have a return flight yet so i could have as much or little time left to island hop but two weeks will prob be max. Any suggestions? I perfer low key, will skip the full moon parties and am not a HUGE beach bum... but I will be returning to Canada and will soak up the sun before I fly back to WINTER GAH! Whats the best islands to go this time of year when EVERYONE will be there too. Also any advice on the pre plan or booking of accomadation, a must? I have been enjoying flying by the seat of my pants but get that cant last that much longer!

#1 Posted: 24/10/2009 - 20:08

• Advertisement

• Whynot

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2009

ps- I am on a budget! many thanks!

#2 Posted: 24/10/2009 - 20:09

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Anecdotally and statistically the wet season tends to end earlier in the eastern Gulf - early/mid November is often way drier there than anywhere else bar maybe the central Gulf around Pattaya.

This is pretty good news coming from Cambodia, because Big Ko Chang and its southern neighbours Ko Wai, Mak and Kut are the closest islands to the border - and very nice too.
    I reckon Whai is best on a budget - Ko Whai Paradise last I heard still has 250 baht bungalows.
    But there are cheapies on the others. Check TRAVELFISH Ko Chang reviews for places at Lonely Beach, Long Beach, Bang Bao, Bai Lan and around RockSand/Independent Bo on White Sand Beach - for Sunset on Mak and Siam Beach on Kut to start with.

Closer to Bangkok, Ko Samet has some good cheapies but tends to be busier and a bit more expensive than the Chang area.

#3 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 18:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.