Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to stay near Ko San Road

• emma066

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Where's the best place to stay near to Ko San Road? It's our first 2 nights of a 4 month trip and we want it to be fairly nice / quiet / close to Ko San / budget of £25 per night for the room...

Any suggestions?

#1 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 19:50

• Advertisement

• bronzedwarr-
    ior

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2007

Rambuttri Village Inn and plaza on Soi Rambuttri is the place the missus and myself always stay at when we're there ( Which, incidentally, we will be on the 1st Nov... ).

Its clean, quiet ( Well, compared to Khao San anyway! ), safe, has not one but two rooftop pools to choose from and is currently 850 baht for a standard double room per night ( There are other rooms available - Not sure of prices for these though ).

For that you get Air Con, a hot shower, a TV ( Like you'll need that in Bangkok... ) and, of course, access to those two pools.

We've stayed there 7 times now and never had a problem. I think there is a link to their website in the Guesthouse Review section of Travelfish.

ps. Khao San is only 2 minutes walk away too!

#2 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 21:10

• bronzedwarr-
    ior

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2007

Rambuttri Village Inn and plaza on Soi Rambuttri is the place the missus and myself always stay at when we're there ( Which, incidentally, we will be on the 1st Nov... ).

Its clean, quiet ( Well, compared to Khao San anyway! ), safe, has not one but two rooftop pools to choose from and is currently 850 baht for a standard double room per night ( There are other rooms available - Not sure of prices for these though ).

For that you get Air Con, a hot shower, a TV ( Like you'll need that in Bangkok... ) and, of course, access to those two pools.

We've stayed there 7 times now and never had a problem. I think there is a link to their website in the Guesthouse Review section of Travelfish.

ps. Khao San is only 2 minutes walk away too!

#3 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 21:11

• emma066

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Thanks very much!

#4 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 21:16

• daveglt

Joined Travelfish
    3rd October, 2009
    Total reviews: 4

Yeah i'd second the rambuttri village inn. Nice location, the pools come in handy when its hot (pretty much all the time) the only slightly annoying thing is they ask for a 1,000 baht deposit. Just make sure you don't lose your receipt for this!

#5 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 17:28

• bronzedwarr-
    ior

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2007

I did lose the receipt on one of my many visits!!

Well, not lost more like 'washed' at the on site laundrette...

Contrary to a lot of peoples comments on the staff here, they were very understanding about it ( It must happen frequently ). I had to produce my passport and sign a couple of forms but they repaid the deposit without any quibbles.

I've seen many comments claiming that the staff at Rambuttri are rude and unhelpful. I think that's unfair. They're just very busy.

I find that if you just give them a smile, be patient and behave in a pleasant manner, you'll never have any issues.

In fact, that's pretty much the golden rule for Thailand right there...

#6 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 19:07

• mifox2

Joined Travelfish
    16th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

New Joe Guesthouse! Cheap and right off of Khao San Road...so its a bit away from the chaos. YOu can book it through travelfish. The restaurant is amazing. The accomodation is basic but serves its purpose. We got a double room (private) with our own bathroom and hot water for 360B per person per night.

#7 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 21:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.