Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

The ten commandments for living in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/10/2009 at 05:18 admin

Bangkok resident Greg G has put together a pretty interesting list making up his Ten commandments for living in Thailand.

What do you think of the list?

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by MADMAC on 27/10/2009 at 10:21

It was kind of funny - but it's very Bangkok centric.

I don't EVER, EVER get hassled by "touts" where I live. NOBODY EVER asks me if I want to buy a new suit.

I might be lucky in this regard, but I have never been in a conflict with a Thai in my city. So I never had to say I was sorry when I was right (In Bangkok there was one "incident" in which I had to vacate the premises fairly quickly after an altercation with a Thai - but that was almost unavoiadable).

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by idreamofdurian on 27/10/2009 at 17:42 TF writer

Amusing....

I lived in small town Thailand so my experience was quite different. No touts, just lots of people yelling 'Hello what you nem!"

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.