Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Proof that you're leaving?

  • emma066

    Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009
    Posts: 60

    I am heading to Thailand in May, travelling North and then entering Laos by bus, travelling across Laos by bus/boat, into Cambodia, into Vietnam and up the coast.
    The only flight I am taking is at the end when I fly Hanoi > Bangkok and this is around 3 months later.

    My question is -
    How do I prove I am leaving Thailand within 30 days for VISA purposes?


    #1 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 20:45

  • Advertisement

  • bronzedwarr-

    Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2007
    Posts: 41

    Are you British ( ie. Hold a British Passport... )?

    I'm guessing you are...

    If so, apply for a Tourist Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate in Liverpool. You can do this by post ( Special delivery there, special delivery back - £4.95 each way ). They will be able to issue a Tourist Visa with 3 entries for free, this is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and each entry gives you a maximum of 60 days in Thailand.

    My understanding is the free visas are only available until sometime in March 2010 ( Maybe April ) so if you applied for the visa around February this should solve any issues you have.

    I used them for my visa ( I live in Birmingham, UK - The Consulate there is nowhere near as good as the Liverpool one ). The service was excellent, very friendly, helpful but, most impressively of all, they were lightening quick... 3 working days from start to finish!

    Number for the Liverpool Consulate is 0151-2550504.

    Hope that helps.

    #2 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 21:19

  • emma066

    Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009
    Posts: 60

    Yes I am - thanks very much.

    #3 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 21:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Proof of leaving within 30 days? ... By SannieG on 22 Nov 2013 3 1570 24 Nov 2013