Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Airport taxi

• lasty

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Heading off to Bangkok soon, can anyone give me an estimate on how much is the taxi fare from the Airport to Khao San road? All help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

#1 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 14:41

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Go down to the ground level outdoor metered taxi queue. Ignore the "Limo" taxi touts in the arrivals area who charge about 1000 baht into the city. The metered taxi attendant will write down your destinantion and assign you a car. Make sure the guy turns on the meter as you depart. Airport tax is 50 baht and the tollway fare is 70 baht. This plus the metered fare to KSR area should come to about 300-350 baht. Depends a lot on what time you arrive i.e. traffic conditions. I've been stuck in rush hour traffic and paid 450 to KSR but that's an extreme example.

#2 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 14:51

• lasty

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks Bob,
    Do I have to be keen on which taxi company I should use? We are quite particular about that in Vietnam to avoid "ripped me off" taxi operators.

#3 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 15:19

• furneburner

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

i think they are much of a muchness, just look for the newest car...

Apparantly the green and yellow cabs are owned by the drivers whereas the bright coloured ones are rented/leased whatever you want to call it.

#4 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 16:12

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

The taxi guy will assign you a taxi. My recent experiences suggest that you will almost certainly be asked for a fixed fee - in my case 400bt - to go. I insist on the meter, but if you accept the fixed price it will include tolls.

#5 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 10:30

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Never agree to a fixed fee. Insist they switch on the meter or else get out and take a different car. If I get a fair and honest taxi driver for this distance I always round the fare up another 20-40 baht to say thanks. These guys work long hours and need the occasional Carabao Daeng to keep going.

#6 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 14:50

• furneburner

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

I often tip 20-40 baht if they are nice guys and don't try to rip me off.

BUT, if they don't give me all my change they get NOTHING above the metered fare. Usually they don't worry about 10 or so baht and just ASSUME that i don't want it....i hate that!

#7 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 14:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.