Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Waited too long to book my KPN accommodation!

• angfonz

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009

I'm bringing my 18 year old brother to Ko Phangan for the New Years Eve / FM party this christmas. He's pretty wild and wont be happy unless he has some sort of nightlife in the location we stay.

The problem is, I've waited too long to book. Literally every single place that can be booked through travelfish is full in Haad Rin and Haad Saikantang.

Can anyone reccomend a place that's either close enough to the Haad Rin area to make commuting easy, or another area of the island that has some sort of night life?

We dont need clubs, per se, just an availability of good drinking bar and young travelers to hang out with.

Thanks in advance.
    Elliott

#1 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 17:24

• Advertisement

• angfonz

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009

Still waiting on that edit button.

I meant to say that every place in Haad Rin and Haad Saikantang is full.

Maybe I should proof read.

#2 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 17:25

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Do a google for Lighthouse - around the rocks east of Leela Beach (Had Saikantan).

Then start checking out places in Ban Tai and other regions along the south coast - constant transport into nearby Hat Rin.

A beach with some nighlife is Thong Nai Pan - pretty nice area too. There is transport down to the party. But there is transport from all over Phangan party night - the only one which would be real difficult would be Bottle Beach.

#3 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 18:24

• angfonz

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009

I'm not worried about missing out on the party by staying on another beach. I am just looking for a place that has nightlife for the nights that we don't want to travel down to Haad Rin. A few good drinking bars with a cool crowd would be more than enough.

#4 Posted: 31/10/2009 - 02:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.