Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

New Year in Tahiland 2009

• elgeras

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2009

Hello!!!!

My girlfriend and I are going to spend new year in thailand. By the 27th of december we will be in Phuket, willing to travel around or to the islands.

We want to party a bit, but not blow our brains out. What city or island and what place do you recommend us to be in new year with out spending $hundresd$ in accomodation?

#1 Posted: 5/11/2009 - 00:03

• Advertisement

• cassrose

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2009

Hey Elgeras

Im not experienced but im doing the same as you so have done heaps of research. A friend and I are spending new year at Koh Phangan (full moon party). We booked accom there a few months ago and it was pretty hard to get then so don't fancy ya chances. Could stay on Koh Samui and catch a boat there though.

I looked at a place called Railay Beach, can get there from Phuket by boat. http://www.railay.com/railay/intro/intro.shtml
    Looks lovely and has lots to do.... also info here http://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/southern_thailand/krabi/railay_beach

Hope that helps!

#2 Posted: 5/11/2009 - 09:52

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Thing is, no matter where you are, chances be that there will be a pretty good party going on at your bungalow's restaurant/bar. On one of the less attractive islands beach-wise, the nicest budget resort I've been to in Thailand, Ko Siboya Bungalows, throws a pretty awsome Xmas Party because it has so many long time regulars - I should imagine New Year is much the same.
    http://www.siboyabungalows.com/index.html

But okay, you probably want an attractive island/beach to party a bit, "but not blow yer brains out".
    Thing about the Full Moon Party the idea isTO BLOW YER BRAINS OUT. But there are plenty of other beaches on Phangan would be sure to have something good going on. Thong Nai Pan Noi and Yai, Had Yao west, Had Salad, Had Sadet are a few - and I bet those new-agers at Had Thian (east coast) have something good unplanned.

On Neighbouring Tao, Sairree will have a party or 10.

Lanta will have several - I'd head for Long Beach.

On Lipe, Pattaya Beach. Muk, Farang Beach, Phayam, Ao Yai. Krabi , Railay and Ton Sai beaches - Krabi town and Ao Nang will also have several celebrations. At Ko Jum I'd be trying the south end of Andaman Beach around Joy and New bungalows. On Big Chang, White Sand Beach and Lonely Beach, on Samet any of the first 3 beaches from the north on the east coast.

Ton Sai at Phi Phi is a big party place, may be a bit " over the top in terms of "brain blowing". Ditto the main beaches on Samui. So too will the big 3 on Phuket - Patong, Karon and Kata. But Phuket beaches like Kamala, Surin and Naithon will be smaller scale.

So the thing is you should be able to find a party anywhere - and provided you don't want a full on rage, those places I've mentioned should give you a good experience and often a choice of venues.

#3 Posted: 5/11/2009 - 17:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
New year ( Pii mai ) Dates - 2009 ... By basejump on 6 Dec 2008 0 1461 6 Dec 2008