Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

krabi airport to koh mook

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

my friend is flying into krabi airport from bkk and wants to get to koh mook , what will be the best way to get there , and how long will this all take

cheers

danny

#1 Posted: 6/11/2009 - 05:01

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Local bus from Krabi to Trang then a boat out to the island. Allow around half a day door to door.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 6/11/2009 - 07:18

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The details add a bit of hassle.
    How prepared is your friend to rough it? If so he/she could wait on near side of the main road 400m from the terminal for a bus going to Trang. Could be a bummer if raining or real hot (compared to normal hot).

Easier but a bit dearer (150 - 350 bath maybe) to catch the airport shuttle bus or a taxi to the bus Krabi bus station which frustratingly is about 5km in the opposite direction to Trang.
    No doubt one of the airport taxis could take your friend to Trang but that would be pretty expensive. Hell they are 600 odd just to Ao Nang!

I've been told there is a travel agent at Trang bus station who can arrange transport to the pier and then across to the island.
    If the place is no longer there, there is a whole bunch of travel agents about 4km away, down opposite the railway station who can do this.
    Most of the resort longtails leave before mid-day - if your friend is later than this he/she may still be able to make the public longtail which goes across to the fishing village on the east coast which is maybe a 15 minute walk across to most of the resorts on the west coast. A motor cycle taxi would be pretty cheap.
    If it is too late for the public boat, the travel agent may be able to arrange a longtail charter, but this won't be cheap.

Trang is a nice town to spend the night.

#3 Posted: 6/11/2009 - 20:12

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

cheers for all the info i will pass this on to my friend

#4 Posted: 6/11/2009 - 20:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.