Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand - my 2 week itinerary

• Bilby09

Joined Travelfish
    15th October, 2009

Hello, just after some opinions on this 2 week itinerary I have come up with for late January/early Feb.
    The plan is to arrive in Chiang Mai and leave from Krabi (haven't made any bookings yet).

Arrive Chiang Mai airport 10.20am on Day 1

4 nights (5 days) Chiang Mai (including a day trip to Chiang Dao)
    -then overnight train to Bangkok

1 night (2 days) Bangkok
    -then overnight train to Surat Thani and bus to Khao Sok National Park

2 nights Khao Sok NP (treehouse then rafthouse)
    -bus to Phuket then boat to Koh Yao Yai

3 nights Koh Yao Yai
    -Boat to Koh Phi Phi

2 nights Phi Phi
    -then Boat to Krabi in time for 2pm flight

What do you think... doable?
    Too long in Chiang Mai? not enough time in Khao Sok/islands?

Thanks for any help :)

#1 Posted: 7/11/2009 - 13:51

• Advertisement

• Bilby09

Joined Travelfish
    15th October, 2009

also, wasn't planning on doing any hilltribe treks in Chiang Mai - just sight seeing

#2 Posted: 7/11/2009 - 13:52

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I'm hopeless at itineraries, but looking at your Sok, Yao Yai, Phi Phi section, I reckon it is do-able.
    A lot of people would say spend more time in one place - but I find when time is limited and I want to see lots of areas, 2 full days is the minimum at one destination if I'm really active once there.

#3 Posted: 7/11/2009 - 16:10

• ChrisiMarr

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I will be traveling to Thailand from Indonesia on the 20th of July to the 3rd of August next Year. I have no real plans. Any younger people want to catch up for a drink etc.

#4 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 11:16

• Bilby09

Joined Travelfish
    15th October, 2009

Thanks Tezza. Do you know if there's a way to get directly from Yao Yai to Phi Phi? would hiring a long tail be the only way?

#5 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 12:49

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

There are no direct ferry connections - easiest cheap way is to go back to Phuket and then out to Phi Phi. The Jian Warnet pier is not far from the Phi Phi boats' Rassada pier.
    You could charter a lontail but I reckon it would be very expensive. Could be wet and bumpy too.
    Gppgle Yao Yai Island Resort's website - I think they do daytrips on their speedboat, you could luck in if they were going to PP same day as your wanted.

#6 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 19:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.