Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Accomodation in Chiangmai

• Tapsiful

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2009

Hi there,

I need accommodation in Muang Chiangmai for two months with fast internet connection but I don't want to spend lot of cash for a hotel room. Basically any kind of raunchy room would do, the only important thing is the internet connection. Could somebody suggest me where I should look for this kind of rooms/flats?

Or is there any reliable 3G network provider in Chiangmai that provides broadband wireless internet for which foreigners can subscribe?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 7/11/2009 - 23:00

• Advertisement

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

How much do you want to spend per night for a room? Don't say cheap or economy use a baht figure.

Here is one suggestion you can look over. This place has WiFi.

http://www.trigong.com/features.htm

Can you stay in Thailand for 2 months?

Good luck.

#2 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 02:40

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Trigong is a good place but going to be a little expensive this time of year. WiFi is not too bad. Thailand does not have 3G yet. Chai's Bar across the soi is excellent for food and drink and has WiFi also.

#3 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 08:02

• Tapsiful

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2009

I don't want to spend more than 4000-4500 baht/month so I'm not looking for hostels or guesthouses. I'm looking for a simple flat but I have no idea where to look for such. I can find only guesthouse and hostel finders/advertisements on the net.

I can stay for 60 days in Thailand and I can get it extended with another 30 days in Bangkok.

After a little search I found this:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/09/13/business/business_30083363.php

So, there is actually 3G service in Chiangmai but it's post-paid so maybe foreigners can't subscribe for it. Do anyone has experience with this?

#4 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 16:03

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

There are many rooms for rent by the month in Chiang Mai with optional wifi at extra cost. Many of them are not advertised online, but check out http://chiangmai.thaiapartments.net for examples.

#5 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 14:00

• Tapsiful

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2009

Thank you very much Captain_Bob!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

#6 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 15:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.