Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Khao Lak/Lanta/Phi Phi - help?

• carlyb

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2009

Hello

My boyfriend and I are going to be in Thailand for the first time for 10 days at the beginning of Dec, flying into Phuket . We’ve booked accommodation on Ko Lone (Lohn?) off Phuket for the last 4 nights but we’re really struggling to decide where to base ourselves for the first 5 nights.

This holiday is def about max relaxation for us so a picturesque beach with some nice snorkeling is important, choice of restaurants (seafood bbq would be great) and chilled bars not massive parties...so basically what most people are looking for ;-) We’re both in our late 20’s, not on a particularly tight budget and would prefer a killer location to killer accommodation.

At the moment our top choices in no particular order are

Khao Lak
    Pros - easy to get to from Phuket, great accommodation for great prices, could go to similans
    Cons - maybe a bit package tour vibe - please tell me if I'm wrong about this I’m only basing my view on what i’ve read.

Ko Lanta,
    Pro - good variety of beaches, restaurants, chilled out, good for snorkeling day trips
    Cons - furthest away from Phuket - not that i have any great desire to hang out in Phuket just think of time constraints

Ko Phi Phi
    Pro - great snorkeling, picturesque
    Cons - gap year brigade, noisy, not great value

Do any of these stand out as an obvious choice given what we’re looking for and how long we have? Any thoughts/recommendations would be great appreciated.

Thanks
    Cx

#1 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 22:28

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Lanta or Khao Sok with kids? ... By kseybold on 8 Oct 2013 1 686 8 Oct 2013