Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

phuket or krabi help

Posted by rc on 12/11/2009 at 03:10

pls help:

trying to plan a 5night trip going to Phi Phi, Phang Nga bay, Similan Island -

1.is a day trip to each place enough
??

2. easier to reach from Krabi or Phuket ?

3. also is it worth hiring a car for some of the day trips or public transport?

4. if its easier to hire a car are the roads ok ? well sign posted ?

what would you recommend ???
pls help .. also I will be travelling end of April

cheers
x

#1 rc has been a member since 8/11/2009. Posts: 18

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/11/2009 at 09:46 admin

If you're planning on seeing Simians and Phang Nga, it makes more sense to base yourself in Phuket rather than Krabi . A day trip is enough for Phang Nga, not sure about the Similans as I've not been. Two nights in Phi Phi to make the travel worthwhile.

A car won't be much help as half the time you'll be on islands -- i'd stick to public transport.

Weather will be very very hot in April.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,435
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by rc on 12/11/2009 at 15:54

cheers for the reply somtam

Also I wanted to ask is im looking to book the amari coral beach in patong is location any good ?? or can you recommend any others

going to go to koh samui for 6 nights after satying at the Muang Spa resort near Chaweng hearing mixed reviews reg the quality of the beach.... any views you may have ??

cheers x

#3 rc has been a member since 8/11/2009. Posts: 18

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/11/2009 at 10:41 admin

The Amari has a good location in that it's away from the madhouse in the centre of Patong Beach and is down south a bit. For this style of hotel it's a good spot.

Chaweing Beach is beautiful ... before breakfast. During the day it gets very very busy with watersports, vendors etc etc -- too busy for my liking personally.

Hope that helps

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,435
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.