Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

phuket or krabi help

• rc

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2009

pls help:

trying to plan a 5night trip going to Phi Phi, Phang Nga bay, Similan Island -

1.is a day trip to each place enough
    ??

2. easier to reach from Krabi or Phuket ?

3. also is it worth hiring a car for some of the day trips or public transport?

4. if its easier to hire a car are the roads ok ? well sign posted ?

what would you recommend ???
    pls help .. also I will be travelling end of April

cheers
    x

#1 Posted: 12/11/2009 - 03:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're planning on seeing Simians and Phang Nga, it makes more sense to base yourself in Phuket rather than Krabi . A day trip is enough for Phang Nga, not sure about the Similans as I've not been. Two nights in Phi Phi to make the travel worthwhile.

A car won't be much help as half the time you'll be on islands -- i'd stick to public transport.

Weather will be very very hot in April.

#2 Posted: 12/11/2009 - 09:46

• rc

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2009

cheers for the reply somtam

Also I wanted to ask is im looking to book the amari coral beach in patong is location any good ?? or can you recommend any others

going to go to koh samui for 6 nights after satying at the Muang Spa resort near Chaweng hearing mixed reviews reg the quality of the beach.... any views you may have ??

cheers x

#3 Posted: 12/11/2009 - 15:54

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The Amari has a good location in that it's away from the madhouse in the centre of Patong Beach and is down south a bit. For this style of hotel it's a good spot.

Chaweing Beach is beautiful ... before breakfast. During the day it gets very very busy with watersports, vendors etc etc -- too busy for my liking personally.

Hope that helps

#4 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 10:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.