Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

From Ao Nang to Ko Lanta...

• themudblood

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2007

Hey guys,

Can anyone pls advise me on the following:
    a. The best and cheapest way to get to Ko Lanta from Ao Nang?
    b. Is it possible to do a day-trip to Ko Lanta? If yes, what are the highlights?

Thank you vm!

themudblood, my

#1 Posted: 19/11/2009 - 15:30

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The best way is by the Ao Nang Princess or sister ship which starts at Ao Nang, picks up off Railay/Ton Sai and goes on to Lanta. Andaman Island Hopping website and a lot of Lanta websites will have details.

If for some reason this ferry is not running you can get a couple of songthaews to the Krabi town pier and pick up a ferry there.

Cheapest way is songthaew into Krabi town, go to Soi 6 and catch one of the (roughly) hourly minibuses onto Lanta via the vehicle punts. These will usually deliver to resorts etc down island. You won't save a heap this way and it is more time consuming, less scenic.

#2 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 12:52

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Oh yeah, day trips.
    I'm not sure whether the timing of the ferries allows enough time on Lanta to check it out. Gotta be careful too - I heard last year there was only one ferry each way, in the morning, despite what the websites said.

If you got a real early minibus from Soi 6 and a real late one back, it could work. But you would be looking at many hours just getting there and back.

It's possibele one of the travel companies in Ao Nang/Krabi do a Lanta daytrip. This might involve a speedboat (expensive) or a minibus. Maybe Google can help.

#3 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 12:58

• themudblood

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2007

tezza, very kind of you.
    thank you very much! :)

#4 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 14:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best Area To Stay In Ko Phiphi, Ko Lanta, Ao Nang & Ko Chang ... By borgy on 13 Feb 2010 3 6091 20 Apr 2010