Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok - Koh Samui - Phuket (or Krabi?) - Ko Phi Phi - Bangkok

• SonjaKaisa

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

I'm a Finnish exchange student in Siam University, Bangkok. I've been in Thailand a month now and I'm planing a trip around Christmas and NYE because my mother and sister are flying to see me then and they would love visit the islands of Southern Thailand. I really need help 'cause this is my first time in Thailand and I would like to make the trip as comfortable as possible for my loved ones...

So I was planning that we would first fly from BKK to Ko Samui at Sat 26. Dec and spend there couple days. What are the main beaches of Ko Samui? I noticed that the airport is located on the Northern part of the island.

From Ko Samui we would continue to Phuket or Krabi (which one do you prefer - it's NYE then) by ferries and train/bus. Which are the best options in this route and how long does it last to get there?

Okay, and the last destination would be Ko Phi Phi . I assume that we could get there by ferry from Phuket or Krabi? I read somewhere that especially in Ko Phi Phi the accommodations are quite full during the high season, so would it be wise to book a hostel/hotel in advance? And if so, what are the main beaches of the island and does anyone have recommendations of accommodations there?

And finally on Wed 6. Jan we would fly back to Bangkok from Phuket.

And now I'm more than welcome for any tips concerning the trip (flight, trains, busses, accommodations, beaches, prices, everything). I really need your help because I have limited amount of information so far. I'n extremely grateful if someone has the energy to answer all my questions :)

#1 Posted: 23/11/2009 - 22:06

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Sonja,

If you're looking for a comfortable place around Krabi for New Years I'd be seriously considering getting some reservations -- even getting flights to Samui may be difficult -- if you can't get to Samui, consider flying to Surat Thani or reversing the route and flying to phuket first as there are more airlines flying Bangkok to Phuket.

Phi Phi will be a madhouse and I'd say a reservation here would be close to essential unless you're very flexible in the standard of accommodation you're after.

To get between Samui and Phuket/Krabi it is a straightforward bus boat combination -- any travel agent can help you out, but with the amount of time you're talking about I'd consider dropping Ko Samui completely and spending the entire time on the west coast -- perhaps aim for a less busy island like Ko Lanta or Ko Jum.

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 24/11/2009 - 07:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
itinerary & accomodation help: bangkok-krabi-phuket-KL-bangkok ... By nazerah99 on 9 Nov 2006 4 3092 10 Nov 2006
Thailand in LATE October - Phuket or Koh Samui, Bangkok, Chiang Mai ... By mck28 on 22 May 2007 1 4449 23 May 2007
ko samui/phuket/ krabi ... By ckwa111 on 14 Oct 2012 3 2400 15 Oct 2012
Travel from Phuket to Bangkok & Bangkok to Chaing Mai ... By brigittahorvath on 28 Oct 2008 2 2010 29 Oct 2008
krabi to bangkok ... By ricardo4 on 28 Nov 2013 6 601 28 Nov 2013
Bangkok to Chiang Mai & Krabi ... By EricSg on 8 May 2007 17 4123 23 May 2007
How to get from Bangkok to Koh Samui ... By wenbryant on 3 Mar 2008 4 8952 5 Mar 2008
Best way of Going from Bangkok to Koh Samui ... By carmcla on 18 May 2011 11 4507 27 May 2011
Trying to get to From Bangkok to Ko Samui ... By SNG88 on 22 Dec 2007 3 1969 26 Dec 2007
Bangkok to Samui ... By greenman42 on 26 Dec 2009 0 1555 26 Dec 2009