Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Niyana Guesthouse

• think87

Click here to learn more about think87
    Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

Sad news since the review said you loved this place so much, but was was in that phanom the other day and all thats left of Niyana is a boarded up place with a Niyana sign on it. When i asked someone they pointed me to chai von, but i guess its been closed for a little bit or in the process of moving...

#1 Posted: 25/11/2009 - 17:29

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

bummer. i've got plans to visit that phanom in mid January and was looking forward to staying at Nitaya too. if nobody finds out before then, i'll ask around too when i'm in the area and see if anyone can tell us what happened.

there was a listing on the additions page for Elle's Guesthouse in that phanom which looked promising too.

#2 Posted: 25/11/2009 - 22:04

• think87

Click here to learn more about think87
    Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

I have so many reviews I have to put on hear when i get the chance... I have the blog that im keeping up with full time thats taking up so much of my time... the links in my signature if you wanna check it out...

i stayed in Chai von in that phanom when i found out about Niyana. It's not a guest house really. It's a home stay really, but nice people and dirt cheap.

#3 Posted: 26/11/2009 - 12:54

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I stopped through That Phanom in late January and the guest house is definitely closed. Bummer. The other places nearby aren't any great shakes either, unfortunately. There is one place about 500 meters up river from where Niyana used to be called Kritsada that looks pretty good, supposedly in the 350 to 600 baht per night range.

#4 Posted: 15/1/2010 - 19:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.