Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Niyana Guesthouse

Posted by think87 on 25/11/2009 at 17:29

Sad news since the review said you loved this place so much, but was was in that phanom the other day and all thats left of Niyana is a boarded up place with a Niyana sign on it. When i asked someone they pointed me to chai von, but i guess its been closed for a little bit or in the process of moving...

#1 think87 has been a member since 5/3/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 116
 Website 

Posted by exacto on 25/11/2009 at 22:04

bummer. i've got plans to visit that phanom in mid January and was looking forward to staying at Nitaya too. if nobody finds out before then, i'll ask around too when i'm in the area and see if anyone can tell us what happened.

there was a listing on the additions page for Elle's Guesthouse in that phanom which looked promising too.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by think87 on 26/11/2009 at 12:54

I have so many reviews I have to put on hear when i get the chance... I have the blog that im keeping up with full time thats taking up so much of my time... the links in my signature if you wanna check it out...

i stayed in Chai von in that phanom when i found out about Niyana. It's not a guest house really. It's a home stay really, but nice people and dirt cheap.

#3 think87 has been a member since 5/3/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 116
 Website 

Posted by exacto on 15/1/2010 at 19:26

I stopped through That Phanom in late January and the guest house is definitely closed. Bummer. The other places nearby aren't any great shakes either, unfortunately. There is one place about 500 meters up river from where Niyana used to be called Kritsada that looks pretty good, supposedly in the 350 to 600 baht per night range.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.