Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Railay to Khao Lak in one day?

• Seba

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey guys,

I'm soon flying from HCMC back to Bangkok to enjoy two weeks of South Thailand, but I have the following question.... would it be possible to get from Railay beach to Khao Lak in one day? If i am correct, this would mean Railay- Ao Nang by longtail, then Ao Nang-Phuket by ferry (or taxi,minivan?), then bus to Khao Lak (public, minivan?)... what would be the approximate times I'll have to leave from each point (e.g. ferry from Ao Nang to Phuket, latest bus to Khao Lak, what time would you expect to arrive in Khao Lak,...)?

The thing is I have to paln this carefully and make it is possible, as I'm planning to go to the Similans the next day and need to book acconmodation there in advance...

all info much appreciated!!

cheers

#1 Posted: 29/11/2009 - 19:52

• Advertisement

• Seba

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

a small addition: I'd be leaving from East Railay beach..

#2 Posted: 29/11/2009 - 20:19

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

I would think you would be better off going into Krabi Town to the main bus station and getting a bus to Khao Lak . I think much faster than going all the way to Phuket by boat.

I have taken a bus from Khao Lak to Phang Nga town which is on the way. I just assume there is a bus the rest of the way.

I have also rented a car in Krabi town and driven to Khao Lak in about 6 hrs. You drive thru Phang Nga town and follow the signs to the ocean. Easy. The car cost 1000 baht/day.

I highly recommend a boat tour of Phang Nga Bay. I can recommend a boat guide if you want.

#3 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 19:34

• boleslav

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

check out tigerline ferry, we took their minivan from khao lak to Trang, it had a stop in Krabi to pick up more passengers

#4 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 18:56

• yogakhaolak

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2010

The easiet and quickest way is to go by bus. From Krabi town take a Phuket bound bus. Get off in Khok Kloy, then take a bus to Khao Lak . If you tell the bus in Krabi they will show you where to go in Khok Kloy to get the Khao Lak bus....This will take you around 3-4 hours.

#5 Posted: 1/4/2010 - 09:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Need itinerary help: Bangkok - Khao Sok - Railay Beach ... By rochi on 14 Oct 2007 1 5578 16 Oct 2007