Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Railay to Khao Lak in one day?

Posted by Seba on 29/11/2009 at 19:52

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey guys,

I'm soon flying from HCMC back to Bangkok to enjoy two weeks of South Thailand, but I have the following question.... would it be possible to get from Railay beach to Khao Lak in one day? If i am correct, this would mean Railay- Ao Nang by longtail, then Ao Nang-Phuket by ferry (or taxi,minivan?), then bus to Khao Lak (public, minivan?)... what would be the approximate times I'll have to leave from each point (e.g. ferry from Ao Nang to Phuket, latest bus to Khao Lak, what time would you expect to arrive in Khao Lak,...)?

The thing is I have to paln this carefully and make it is possible, as I'm planning to go to the Similans the next day and need to book acconmodation there in advance...

all info much appreciated!!

cheers

#1 Seba has been a member since 28/4/2009. Posts: 54

Posted by Seba on 29/11/2009 at 20:19

Posted from within Vietnam.

a small addition: I'd be leaving from East Railay beach..

#2 Seba has been a member since 28/4/2009. Posts: 54

Posted by KevinCorr on 30/11/2009 at 19:34

I would think you would be better off going into Krabi Town to the main bus station and getting a bus to Khao Lak . I think much faster than going all the way to Phuket by boat.

I have taken a bus from Khao Lak to Phang Nga town which is on the way. I just assume there is a bus the rest of the way.

I have also rented a car in Krabi town and driven to Khao Lak in about 6 hrs. You drive thru Phang Nga town and follow the signs to the ocean. Easy. The car cost 1000 baht/day.

I highly recommend a boat tour of Phang Nga Bay. I can recommend a boat guide if you want.

#3 KevinCorr has been a member since 15/6/2004. Posts: 54

Posted by boleslav on 15/12/2009 at 18:56

check out tigerline ferry, we took their minivan from khao lak to Trang, it had a stop in Krabi to pick up more passengers

#4 boleslav has been a member since 30/8/2009. Posts: 86

Posted by yogakhaolak on 1/4/2010 at 09:05

The easiet and quickest way is to go by bus. From Krabi town take a Phuket bound bus. Get off in Khok Kloy, then take a bus to Khao Lak . If you tell the bus in Krabi they will show you where to go in Khok Kloy to get the Khao Lak bus....This will take you around 3-4 hours.

#5 yogakhaolak has been a member since 1/4/2010. Posts: 45

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.