Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

From Phuket to Krabi

• shadek

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

Hi all,
    I'm still on the planning stage of my trip and one of the options is to fly from HCM straight to Phuket , but I would get to Phuket Airport at around 23.35. Is is possible to get any kind of transportation (without being overcharged) to a hostel nearby at this time? I checked some options at Mai Khao.

Perhaps I would spend the next day there, or just move on to Krabi. Any tips, please?

Thanks
    Sani

#1 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 18:15

• Advertisement

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

You would get a taxi from the airport to Phuket town. I paid about 500 baht. Many of the nefarious Phuket taxis are not cheap and are notorious for being connected to a bunch of tour shops and hotels. They will try to push you into going somewhere else than you chose. Pick a hotel and insist on going there. Don't let the taxi take you anywhere else.

On LP forum you can search for Batfish Jamie's blog. He lives on Phuket and has good info. http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/

#2 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 19:24

• shadek

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the reply. My only concern is the late arrival. The flight from HCM is half the price than the one back to BKK, and will save me a lot of unnecessary road trip down to Krabi. Even though the price for the flight is good, I didn't want to be waiting overnight at the Phuket airport til the first bus starts running at 6am. Did you take the taxi late at night?

Thanks again,

#3 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 20:27

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Taxis are at a fixed price depending on your destination. There's a big sign with the rates for each beach. It doesn't change by time of day.

Have fun!

#4 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 23:47

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004

No I have not arrived in Phuket at night. I would GUESS that the taxis run late but don't know.

#5 Posted: 1/12/2009 - 02:36

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004

There are busses from Phuket to Krabi. I don't know how late they go. If you could go early enough to catch the bus, you could eliminate staying in Phuket Town then taking the boat across.
    You could fly from Bangkok to Krabi. That would be best if your goal is Krabi.

#6 Posted: 1/12/2009 - 02:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.