Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Lake Safari from Bangkok, a new and unique experience in Thailand. Trip report

• jonasnilsso-
    n888

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2009

Hey Fellow travelers and expats, I have been traveling in Thailand for many years and I d I just had my best Thailand experience, One of our friends old us about this trip that he and his family had just been on and it sounded very exiting and different. They had been on a 4 day lake safari trip on the Khao Laem lakes in the Kanchanaburi province. We booked the trip looked forward to this unknown adventure. We got picked up from our hotel in Bangkok and went to Kanchanaburi, where we visited the River Kwai Bridge and had a delicious Thai lunch. Then we drove on to Sangkhlaburi and borded the House Boat, it was only us and 8 other people, so it was private and very cosy. Then we set of and spend the next 4 days on this traditional Thai houseboat, cruising around Khao Laem Lake and it was great. It’s a part that is not discovered by mass tourism yet, its unique and a truly great and unique experience. We just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves for 4 days in one of the most beautiful spots I have seen in Thailand. The boat is great, the food is great and you get to see and experience something that most people don’t know exist. Every day there are some great activities and in the 4 days we were there, we went jungle trekking into a waterfall, we visited an island where the make some special coconuts, we did some kayaking into caves, visited a real and authentic village close to the Myanmar border, a monastery, did some real elephant trekking and bamboo rafting, not the normal tourist kind. In the evening we just swam, fished, floated around in tubes, used the kayaks, relaxed in a hammock with a book, enjoyed some great Thai food and a cold beer and played some games or talked about our experiences that day. I know ill not forget it, it’s special, different and unique, it’s for everybody and we just loved it. It was the best experience on our whole trip, just being able to be together, relaxing and not being disturbed by, noise, emails, mobile phones, tuk tuk’s, beach vendors, tailors or other people who wanted to sell us something, it was refreshing to experience some of the real Thailand so close to Bangkok and yet so far away from everything. I highly recommend this experience to anyone.

#1 Posted: 1/12/2009 - 08:52

• Advertisement

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Beautiful area of Thailand.I hope it stays that way and never becomes another tourist trap.

#2 Posted: 1/12/2009 - 14:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Trip Report Phu Nam Ron - Visa run only 200km from Bangkok ... By relaxedTrev on 19 Jan 2014 1 1262 19 Jan 2014
Trip report - Bangkok, Laos, Cambodia ... By syzafar on 12 Sep 2007 4 9094 29 May 2008
Lanta Pole Houses: unique over-the-sea experience ... By Khana_S on 20 Sep 2010 0 2266 20 Sep 2010
Thailand Trip Report ... By themissadventurejournals on 27 Jan 2011 8 6590 24 Feb 2014
First trip to Thailand report ... By Geezy on 26 Aug 2009 5 3713 31 Aug 2009
Thailand with baby - trip report ... By mikefly on 16 Feb 2014 2 408 16 Feb 2014
Laos/Thailand Trip Report and Thanks ... By hannahcurtis75 on 6 Apr 2010 3 2739 15 Apr 2010
Unique boat/jungle experience in South central Vietnam ... By henski on 12 Apr 2009 1 2267 13 Apr 2009
Laos and Northeast Thailand trip report oct-nov 2006 ... By babytraveler on 15 Nov 2006 3 3156 17 Nov 2006
Lak lake experience/tour ... By hevva on 27 Oct 2009 3 1734 29 Oct 2009