Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Suggestions re my itinerary - arriving 15 Dec for one month

Posted by skate on 9/12/2009 at 16:26

Hi,

I'm going to be in Thailand for a month - I arrive in a few days. I've gone from thinking I wouldn't plan much, to planning heaps! I would be interested in your thoughts on my rough itinerary.....bearing in mind that I am a young solo female wanting to get off the beaten track a little ....here's my rough idea....

Bangkok 2 nights

Kanchanaburi 3 nights

Sangkhlaburi 5 nights

Kanchaburi 1 night

Overnight bus/train Bangkok to Chiang Mai - was hoping to not have to go back to Bangkok from Kanchanaburi/Sangkhlaburi but looks like this is the most direct route???

Chiang Mai 2 nights

Soppong (Cave Lodge) 5 nights

Chiang Mai 2 nights

Fly Chiang Mai to Phuket (have booked flight)

Phuket to Ko Yao Noi - I am hoping my flight to Phuket, which arrives at 3.50pm means I will just make it to the pier to catch the 5pm from Bang Rong Pier to Ko Yao Noi (am I dreaming and if so, is there anywhere I can stay near the Bang Rong Pier to catch the first one to Ko Yao Noi the next morning? Budget absolute max. 1000B per night - prefer less of course!)

Ko Yao Noi 5 nights

Fly Phuket to Bangkok (have booked flight)

Bangkok 1 night

Any suggestions re the above are welcome!

I am also interested in whether I should book accommodation ahead or not? Particularly over Christmas and New Year. So far I have booked just first 2 nights in Bangkok (and flights in and out of Phuket). Budget accommodation for everywhere prefer around 350B but understand of course more likely to be spending double that around Phuket? I was hesitant to book too much ahead seeing as I may diverge from this plan as I go along!

Thank you for your time!

#1 skate has been a member since 2/12/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.