Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Long distance bus travel straight after new years?

• samalive

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2009

Do I need to worry about this already being fully booked as the trains will probably be or should I be ok to turn up on the day and get a seat?

I am flying home to Australia from KL in Malaysia on the 6th of Jan. and am hoping to get a flight from Bangkok around the 4th to KL, however I most likely will be celebrating new years with friends a considerable distance away from Bangkok meaning I'll probably be trying to hop on a bus on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd - there isn't much margin for error!

I'm not sure exactly where we'll be for new years (maybe Chang Mai, I'm not sure) so itd be good to get a broad idea. I'm not really fussed about government bus or tourist bus and will pay a premium price if I really have to.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 14/12/2009 - 11:12

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
long distance telephone calls ... By topogene88 on 6 Aug 2011 4 2140 6 Aug 2011
Vietnam Airlines for a long distance flight? ... By Hemsi on 12 Aug 2010 9 5713 20 Aug 2010
Travel Advice for SEAsia- Lay it on me straight ... By mjbrennan on 23 Nov 2012 2 1713 26 Nov 2012
New years in long hai alone ... By Nondumido on 30 Dec 2011 0 1574 30 Dec 2011
distance between vientian and luang prabang and travel by car/bus ... By thaifook on 22 Oct 2013 2 630 22 Oct 2013