Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Shambara boutique hostel

• Louw

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009
    Location South Africa

Hi all,

I'm having great difficulty in booking a double fan room in Shambara Boutique hostel just off Khao San rd, Bangkok.
    Our booking is only for Feb 2010. I've phoned them a few times, but each time they put the phone down while I'm speaking. They were quite friendly though.
    I've also emailed them about 7 times over the past two weeks, only my 1st email got answered.

So I've gone ahead and booked the room on HostelWorld for the 6th -8th, but now the 1st day, our arrival date, (5th Feb) is not available.

You can also not specify the fan room when doing an online booking, it only has the A/C available.

Now I need to get hold of them, to make sure they book the fan instead of the A/C and make the booking from the 5th instead of the 6th.

Does anyone have advice or an alternative way of contacting them?

#1 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 16:58

• Advertisement

• Louw

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009
    Location South Africa

no worries,

Sorted this out. Got hold of the 'boss lady' who knows everything.

#2 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 18:24

• shadek

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

Hi Louw,

How did you get in touch with her??? I'm having the same problem, reservation for Feb/10, can only book online an AC single room, but I would rather have the fan one. On their website they announce the single fan room for 280, but either here on TF and on HostelWorld it says 390.

Thanks!
    Sani

#3 Posted: 21/12/2009 - 01:42

• Louw

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009
    Location South Africa

Hi Sani,

I just kept phoning them cause i was desperate, they seem quite popular and probably get full quickly.

When you phone them on: +66 0282 7968, ask for Niki, the boss. Or ask for her cellphone number. She handles all the bookings. I think this is her number: +66 81839 5170, but double check.

I asked her about the prices that differ, she just quoted me the cheaper one (500B for double fan). I paid the 10% deposit on Hostelworld for 3 (instead of 4) nights, and she said it's fine, she'll reserve the room for 4 nights and she told us the correct balance of the room we have to pay when we get there.

It's a shame they don't have someone who can speak English when you phone their main reception, it would've made things so much easier.

Good luck!

#4 Posted: 21/12/2009 - 09:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
A newly renovated boutique hostel: HQ Hostel Bangkok, Silom Road. ... By archpop on 23 Jun 2008 0 3677 1 Nov 2008
Wink Hostel - Singapore's Newest Boutique Pod Hostel! ... By winkhostel on 16 Sep 2011 0 3275 16 Sep 2011