Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bike Tours in Phuket or/and/vs Bangkok

• sallyng

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2009

I am interested in doing a bike tour in either Bangkok or Thailand. I am a moderate road cyclist and am ok with a moderately-hard intensity, or even just an easy ride. My family (ages 57, 26, 27, and 3) who aren't super active, may also join. So if anyone has any suggestions for recommendations for either city or companies, I would really appreciate them. Also, please indicate whether they are appropriate for families or for just other avid cyclists.

#1 Posted: 25/12/2009 - 04:06

• Advertisement

• indu76

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2009

We did the afternoon tour with ABC 3 weeks ago and it was an excellent tour. Its quite easy going but you do come back down a main road in Bangkok but never did i feel unsafe. The tour guides are great!

#2 Posted: 25/12/2009 - 10:02

• indu76

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2009

Link to their website - (http://www.realasia.net/)

#3 Posted: 25/12/2009 - 10:03

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

I went on a Spice Road tour earlier this year to Nontaburi.All day tour and very easy going.Interesting trip through the countryside[would never think Bangkok was so close],along a canal,ferry to Koh[Island] Kret and a Temple,of course.Have a vehicle following behind so if it becomes too difficult you can ride in the bus.Drinks,some fruit and lunch were included and they pick you up at your accomodation.I would recomend them.Hope tis helps.

#4 Posted: 25/12/2009 - 11:24

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

I can't immagine wanting to ride a bike in that muggy 38C / 100F heat. You can see Bangkok by boat on the River and canals.

#5 Posted: 26/12/2009 - 04:11

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

'I can't imagine wanting to ride a bike in that muggy 38c/100f heat'

Guess everyone to their own.I can't imagine why people go to Thailand and lay on a beach all day.

#6 Posted: 1/1/2010 - 14:02

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

This story covers a cycling trip to Phrapadaeng (the far side of the river from Bangkok) -- it was excellent and I'd highly recommend it.

#7 Posted: 2/1/2010 - 08:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hoi An bike tours, Off the beaten path. ... By aslocran on 21 Feb 2008 1 3522 14 Sep 2012