Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Which beach?

Posted by joanne1981 on 31/12/2009 at 04:03

Hi,
I am looking for a really nice beach/island in Thailand to stay for 5 nights next year over Christmas. We have stayed on koh Chang before which we loved so would like something similar or even less touristy. I have read so much info that I don't know where to start and would really appreciate some advise from people who have perhaps stayed somewhere really special.
Thanks, Joanne

#1 joanne1981 has been a member since 10/12/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by swag on 31/12/2009 at 04:44

Hi i personally like the andaman side of Thailand. Long beach on Koh Lanta or further afield Koh Lipe are both worth checking out.So many choices though and with 5 nights only somewhere like Lanta appeals as its a cheap air asia flight to Krabi then 2 hr minivan via ferry to island.
cheers

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by idreamofdurian on 31/12/2009 at 10:40 TF writer

If you want less touristy you can stay on one of the National Park islands. The new park bungalows are very nice but facilities are limited -- 1 restaurant, no Internet, etc. You can book on their website.

I loved Ko Tarutao and Ko Adang on the Andaman side in Satun Province. Adang is great because it's a 10 minute long-tail boat ride to Ko Lipe and all its facilities if you're craving pizza for dinner.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by tezza on 31/12/2009 at 17:50

So many places are less touristy than Chang. To narrow suggestions could you give us an idea on what you consider special - landscape, gorgeous beaches, top quality accommodation, good diving and/or snorkelling etc?
And perhaps your budget range - there are a few islands I consider a bit special but they don't have midrange or better.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.