Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bang Saphan Yai?

Posted by MaxEliza on 9/1/2010 at 17:33

Can anyone tell more about Bang Saphan Yai?
I've read all information from this site about it, but i would like to know more about place.. has anyone been there?

#1 MaxEliza has been a member since 7/1/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by khunwilko on 11/1/2010 at 13:21

I haven't been there for a coiuple of year4s so it may have been built up since then......I used to stop off on my way briving from Chionburi to Samui, but as I never intend to go to Samui again!

It's a smallish town, there are some bungalow resorts and a couple of older hotels.
pleasant enough there is better down the coast - however the railway stops there.

There is an enormous steel mill there too!
probably OK for two or three nights.

#2 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by chrispyrolls on 11/1/2010 at 20:39

Hi,

Plenty of info on here http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/index.htm

Ban Krut next door looks nice, was planning a trip there myself at some strage...

Pretty quiet from what I have read about it, with most travellers missing this area completely and head for Hua Hin or Chumphon ... Lots of Thai visitors, with a smattering of ex-pats as well from what I have found out

Chris

#3 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.