Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Seeking a Nice Place to Arrive near Bangkok

• yidakimason

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2010

Hey Folks, my family and I are planning to come to Thailand march 12... We are hoping to find a nice place to start off, near Bangkok, but in a great spot to wake up after the gruelling journey from Canada with 3 kids..... My thoughts were to head from the airport to a mellower spot than Bangkok, to decompress for a few days after the flights... Any suggestions for a great place to start off on the right foot.. I have visions of a smaller town with great views, laid back, yet within an hour of the airport... Any advice is much appreciated...

#1 Posted: 18/1/2010 - 10:57

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

what time is your flight scheduled to arrive in bangkok? that might definitely influence if you'll want to spend a night in the city or head straight off to another place.

anyway, ayutthaya isn't much more than an hour from bangkok and i think it fits your other criteria too. the new town isn't all that charming, but it has all the goods and services you'll need, and the old city and UNESCO world heritage area is pretty great.

another option that you might consider is pattaya, and more specifically the jomtien beach area. there is good shopping there, lots of great restaurants, a decent beach in jomtien, and a few days trips and such to keep the kids occupied. you could easily catch a bus directly from the airport or perhaps even better take a taxi, given the amount of people you've got in tow. i think with a taxi the trip would be just over an hour as well. hope those suggestions at least get the discussion rolling. cheers.

#2 Posted: 18/1/2010 - 18:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Nice place to dine near Moon Bar BKK ... By chaosclaire on 28 Oct 2008 1 1376 28 Oct 2008
Nice Place to visit between Sam Neua and Vientiane ... By wombatfuz on 2 Mar 2010 11 4657 21 Jun 2010