Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Quick response needed on nice 3* hotel in bangkok pleeeease

• Heth24

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2010

Hi

I've suddenly decided I don't want to chance turning up and finding a hotel when I've got jetlag so pleeeease can anyone suggest somewhere clean, safe and secure for a 30 something first time traveller who needs to get adjusted for a few days before heading off to vietnam for the full on experience?

I'm probably looking for 3 star hotel or simple guesthouse with own bathroom rather than shared and I would prefer to be in a quieter area, really liking the look of Thewet but struggling to find info on the net.

Top tips please!!

#1 Posted: 19/1/2010 - 08:27

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

This story might help you get started:
    What's a good guesthouse in Bangkok in 2009?

#2 Posted: 19/1/2010 - 13:52

• jay66fr

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2009

Hotels are plenty in BKK, especially in the 3 star category. If you want something huge and impersonal, you could try something like Prince Palace Hotel near Bobae market. Was there a year ago, good quality for the price: about 2000 THB for a night.

#3 Posted: 20/1/2010 - 03:47

• keithsutter

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2010
    Location United States

Posted from within Vietnam.

We stayed in Wendy Guest House (http://www.wendyguesthouse.com/evos/front/bin/home.phtml) for 5 nights and really enjoyed it. It is off the main streets and in a somewhat quit part of town near the Kim Thompson house. You can read more about our stay at www.greenaroundtheglobe.com/2010/01/05/southern-thailand-highlights-and-recommendations

Enjoy, Bangkok is a great town.

#4 Posted: 1/2/2010 - 16:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
free wifi bangkok guesthouse cheap nice good rent private room hotel Khao san road hostel backpacker ... By bluefinGh on 21 Jun 2014 0 555 21 Jun 2014
SE Asia itinerary: quick opinion needed! ... By dommels on 7 Feb 2014 0 1109 7 Feb 2014
Quick advice needed: Visa on arrival, Laos to China ... By Lamar on 5 Mar 2008 13 8707 18 Oct 2012