Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Price of sun cream in Ko Chang / Thailand

Posted by Jleef on 20/1/2010 at 13:29

Am staying at Lonely Beach at the moment and finding that a decent sized bottle of sun cream is around 500B. I know the stuff is expensive but I'm just wondering - can I expect to pay this sort of money every where in Thailand, or do the 7/11s or the island itself have a price hike on the stuff? I know it's an essential but I can imagine it putting a dent on my budget at this rate =)

#1 Jleef has been a member since 6/7/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 36
 Website 

Posted by borisborough on 26/1/2010 at 16:17

Go to the Nature Beach Resort on Lonely Beach - they have Nivea spf30 for 320thb. I paid 450thb for spf50 in a mini-mart on the main road.

#2 borisborough has been a member since 30/11/2009. Posts: 21

Posted by Thaiman on 26/1/2010 at 16:51

Should imagine that 500B is grossly inflated but the only people who use suncream would be tourists.Therefore you would expect to pay top dollar.7/11 may be cheaper.When I was on Samui last year I needed a packet of Band Aids in a hurry and that cost 80B from a chemist.No doubt the 7/11 would of been cheaper and it would of been cheaper still had it not been a tourist resort.

#3 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.