Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Price of sun cream in Ko Chang / Thailand

• Jleef

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Am staying at Lonely Beach at the moment and finding that a decent sized bottle of sun cream is around 500B. I know the stuff is expensive but I'm just wondering - can I expect to pay this sort of money every where in Thailand, or do the 7/11s or the island itself have a price hike on the stuff? I know it's an essential but I can imagine it putting a dent on my budget at this rate =)

#1 Posted: 20/1/2010 - 13:29

• Advertisement

• borisborough

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Go to the Nature Beach Resort on Lonely Beach - they have Nivea spf30 for 320thb. I paid 450thb for spf50 in a mini-mart on the main road.

#2 Posted: 26/1/2010 - 16:17

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Should imagine that 500B is grossly inflated but the only people who use suncream would be tourists.Therefore you would expect to pay top dollar.7/11 may be cheaper.When I was on Samui last year I needed a packet of Band Aids in a hurry and that cost 80B from a chemist.No doubt the 7/11 would of been cheaper and it would of been cheaper still had it not been a tourist resort.

#3 Posted: 26/1/2010 - 16:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
ideas on mid price accomodation on Koh Chang - Dec/Jan ... By regan on 13 Sep 2006 1 1595 14 Sep 2006