Ko Tao - Chumphon - Krabi - Ao Nang - Railay - Tonsai with Fame Tours
10th December, 2009
We booked a ticket to Railay at one of the many travel agents on Ko Tao .
The company is Fame Tours and we can recommend them based on our experience.
Ticket includes the following journey:
* Lompraya Ferry to Chumphon .
* Transfer from ferry port to Chumphon town where you can stop and lunch at the delicious Fame Tours cafe (awesome proper BLTs).
* Comfortable mini van to Krabi . There have been reports of these being crammed, I guess we got lucky. Plenty of room and a few DVDs played in the van.
* Stop at Krabi town and a new van to Ao Nang .
* In Ao Nang they took us to a resort where a connection is available for those wishing to go to Railay.
* Given our late arrival, we decided to not risk trying to get a long tail from Ao Nang beach (usually harder and more expensive after 6pm) and instead joined them on their boat for an extra 100 THB each.
* The boat goes to Railay East.
* We then walked to Railay West and then Tonsai beach as the tide was low - this is not recommended with bags as it is a treacherous path. A boat from Railay West to Tonsai would have been more sensible.
We departed Ko Tao on the 10am ferry and arrived in Tonsai after 8pm.
#1 Posted: 20/1/2010 - 18:03
23rd January, 2011
I am e Franch man and woman .
I want going to Krabi the 18 March . I have a reservation in Ko TAO to 14 at 18 March .
Thank you for your best reservation in Fast Ferry and Mini Bus .
Please give me your contact .
Thank you very much
#2 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 23:07
13th April, 2006
Total reviews: 61
Thanks for that input Dan. I would never had thought of going Tao-Krabi via Chumpon, as initially you are going in the opposite direction. But hell, I was going in the opposite direction in June when I went Tao-Phuket via Chumpon, and it seemed by far the easier route time and cost wise.
It's unusual for a boat to go Ao Nang to EAST Railay. And given your 100 baht was little more only on the standard Ao Nang/WEST Railay 80 baht - I reckon that is good value. I'd pay way more than + 20 to be taken a fair bit further past the best landscape/seascape in Thailand.
But yeah, if my final destination was Ton Sai - maybe not.
#3 Posted: 24/1/2011 - 14:53
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Krabi, railay, tonsai, koh lanta, koh rok, koh kradan ...||2||1904||28 Jan 2013|
|Ao Nang or Krabi or Railay ...||4||8820||27 Mar 2014|
|Railay/Tonsai questions: climbing, mosquitoes and bungalows! ...||1||2277||19 Dec 2010|
|Ao Nang, Railay Wast, or Railay East?? ...||10||6029||11 Oct 2012|
|Ao Nang Garden Bungalows, Ao Nang Beach, Krabi ...||0||4811||10 Sep 2009|
|Ao nang of Railay ...||1||1622||16 Nov 2011|
|Railay Beach or Ao Nang ...||3||1442||4 Nov 2013|
|Quick Travel from Railay Beach to Koh Pan Nang ...||2||4375||25 Nov 2006|
|Railay/Ton Sai/Krabi changes ...||3||3975||18 Dec 2008|
|Railay or Ko Lanta or Krabi..? ...||0||3537||17 Nov 2010|