Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Buses to Sai Tai Mai/What to do in Bangkok at Night

• deliverusma-
    ud

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

Hi,

I have 2 separate questions about Bangkok.

1/ Do you know of a bus to Sai Tai Mai bus station from Mo Chit bus terminal (I will be arriving in Mo Chit from Chiang Mai by bus that morning)?

2/ I will be spending my last night in Bangkok without a hotel (as i'd like to stay up all night for my early flight). Can you give me any ideas for anything I can do at night that is not related to drinking or biblical activities? I'm a female and i'll be on my own. Are there restaurants open at night? Also are there any buses going to Suvarnabhumi in the early hours of the morning (2/3am)?

#1 Posted: 20/1/2010 - 20:52

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Night in Bangkok not related to drinking or sex? Are you weird or something? OK, just joking. It would help if you stated what your interests are, as opposed to what they aren't. OK, I am sure you'll want to avoid Patpong, where there are tons of drinking establishments and some bible thumpers too warn you of how you are on your way to hell for getting it on with a hooker. As a female I wouldn't even be surprised if a roper tried to steer you to some sort of lesbian show or something. I was once walking on Suhkimvite road and got "Sir, you want girl? I'll get you girl" (as if I couldn't find my own if I wanted to). "No thanks buddy." "Oh, you want boy, I get you boy. You want go-go boy? I take you to go-go boy." So, we can rule that out.

Do you like to dance? BKK has dance scenes for most tastes (I'm a salsero mayself).

Do you like to bowl? Take in a movie? As suggested here go to the fights? A massage? God knows there's plenty to do in BKK until about one or two. After that though, much shuts down. I had to do this myself with a 6 am flight, so I went dancing until two, then picked up my bags and headed to the airport. Of course, I was drunk when I got there. The only way I could stand the torturous journey to New York.

#2 Posted: 22/1/2010 - 10:53

• deliverusma-
    ud

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

Hi Madmac,

Thanks for your reply. Yeh I love films - basically anything 'cultural'. Yeh a massage would also be great if there a nightly ones which are not friendly "down there" if you catch my drift. Eating is also something I love to do (as long as i'm not required to be 'dressed up' for it).If there are any sports games at night i'd definitely go. I love football (soccer)!! Are there matches in Bangkok? I also wouldn't mind drinking if it's at the aiport (I wouldn't feel as "weird" but no, i'm no dancer/clubber). Not sure if any of this info helps!!

Did you get to the aiprort by cab for your 6am flight?

Thanks again!:)

#3 Posted: 25/1/2010 - 19:25

• 45baht

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2010

I spent my last few nights in Bangkok over the summer. if you're not into drinking/clubbing etc, you could try having a look through what BKK has to offer. Its a bit hectic there and im not sure what time its open until. but there is a lot to do there.

#4 Posted: 25/1/2010 - 23:18

• deliverusma-
    ud

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

Thanks 45baht! I guess i'll find out when I get there!

#5 Posted: 27/1/2010 - 17:42

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Proper masssage is no problem, although you might be listening to someone in the next cabin get a not so proper massage late at night. Depending on where you are.

I don't know about soccer, but I'm sure you might find something by googling it.

And yes, I got to the airport by cab.

#6 Posted: 27/1/2010 - 19:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Night travel....buses/trains.. ... By Greggor58 on 5 Aug 2009 6 2213 2 Sep 2009