Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

3 weeks in april - itinerary - help/advice wanted please?

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

will be arriving april 3rd and leaving april 24th and i would like to fit in as many places as possible.

im yet to visit ko samet so that is a must,although its a long way from the other andaman islands im hoping to visit,railay/ko lipe/ko kradan and maybe ko lanta/ko phi phi again because i enjoyed my 4 night on long beach(ko lanta)last april and because its a quietish island but with a bit of 'something else to do'and nightlife if i feel the need,i see it as a sort of 'all rounder/in between island' compared to the tranquility of the other islands,although am willing to try somehere new if needs be,and somebody can suggest something?? maybe 1 night in phuket to visit some old friends.was thinking about ko chang (andaman) ko phayam aswell but may give them a miss?

am, looking for somewhere with quiet beach during the day and possibly a bit of nightlife,good restaurants at nights etc...i found ko jum (ko pu) a little too laid back and the beaches were not great imo
    (btw i understand i wont find any nightlife on ko kradan)but it looks to beautiful a place to pass up on..

i want to try and avoid the rains and i am thinking for this reason and my limited time giving ko phayam/ko chang a miss

please bear in mind i enjoy a few days on quiet beautiful peaceful paradise beaches ideal for swimming yet there are so many to choose from???? ive checked tezzas blog extensively and also travelfish.org but im still undecided

any help appreciated regarding islands/places to visit/resorts/accomodation to stay/avoid worth a mention? im willing to pay upto 1000/1500bt per night,fan room will be good enough just so long as i have hot water shower and a sink and mirror.

would preferably like beach hut/bungalow style accommodation with nice views a bonus.

am thinking of starting out spending my first 2 nights in bangkok,then fly to trang,boat to ko kradan,2-3 days here (depending on how much i enjoy it) staying at maybe either paradise lost or kalume village,then onto lanta,then possibly lipe(although have heard mixed reviews on lipe)-railay-phuket-bangkok-samet-bangkok-home.

i know that seems a very cluttered itinerary and people will most probably be thinking i will be spending most my time travelling,but im only really expecting to stay at each place 2-3 nights (except phuket,just 1 night here)and the 2nd time i menton bangkok is only for the 1 night also before i head to samet.

any help advice/info much appreciated.

thanks

#1 Posted: 21/1/2010 - 03:42

• Advertisement

• chezbasson

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2010

hi,

I'm going to be in Thailand almost the same dates (26 Mar - 17 Apr).

I have been to Thailand before three years ago for two weeks so my trip is tempered by that trip. Last time we spent one week in Bangkok (taking two day trips outside of Bangkok) and one week in Hua Hin.

This time we are going for a wedding in Ko Tao so are planning on spending the weekend we arrive in Bangkok, travel to Ko Tao for the wedding and some diving for about a week, head over to Krabi and Railey Beach for some climbing, diving and sea kayaking for maybe 5-6 days before heading back up to Bangkok and over to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat for the last week.

Didn't want to pack to much into the trip so by picking just three main spots we hope to relax at the same time as seeing things

#2 Posted: 27/1/2010 - 23:47

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I wouldn't bother with Ko Samet and instead spend a bit more time on the islands out from Trang -- there are a lot to choose from! Have you seen this story? http://www.travelfish.org/feature/135

Cheers

#3 Posted: 28/1/2010 - 07:35

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

yeah ive read that link already thanks.

anyone have anything else to add?

.............please :)

#4 Posted: 29/1/2010 - 02:37

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Sounds like you have your possibilities pretty well mapped out already. Railay, Phi Phi, Lanta, Kradan, Lipe. Maybe Little Chang and Phayam further up, plus you mandated Ko Samed which I agree is nice. That's already seven+ destinations in 21 days so there's your 3 days each not to mention transport from place to place. I wouldn't try to do more and could even imagine to be tired of just sand and sea for the whole time.

To be honest, Thailand beaches don't rate as the world's greatest in terms of milky white sand and crystal clear water (add cliche of your choice). The best I've seen in this regard are Ko Samed, Ko Lipe, Ko Kradan, and the smaller islands around Ko Phi Phi. For the most idyllic exotic beaches maybe try the Bahamas or the Maldives or the Yasawa islands of Fiji =)

#5 Posted: 29/1/2010 - 11:34

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

thank captain bob.

ko kradan,lipe and samet are pretty much 100% on the list,although i agree with what your saying about the 21 days of sand and sea could get boring,will break up the trip with a few nights in bkk ;)

thanks again.

#6 Posted: 29/1/2010 - 13:29

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

any other helpers...

#7 Posted: 6/2/2010 - 07:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Advice wanted about my itinerary ... By liminality on 6 Aug 2010 4 1379 8 Aug 2010
Itinerary Advice/Comments Wanted - Asia ... By brothbart on 18 Dec 2009 5 3972 17 Apr 2012
Itinerary help - 3 weeks in April ... By zse on 30 Dec 2010 11 3366 19 Jan 2011
Turning 30 on April 13th, going to SE asia for 4-6 weeks need advice! ... By mkrystofia on 3 Jan 2012 3 1079 10 Jan 2012
Itinerary Malaysia 4 weeks in April ... By stef83 on 15 Mar 2012 0 1587 15 Mar 2012
Itinerary for 7 week trip to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia - advice wanted ... By plawhon on 9 Nov 2007 6 5333 1 Dec 2009
Itinerary advice-6 weeks in SEA ... By stardar on 30 Nov 2009 0 3364 30 Nov 2009
2 weeks in Malaysia - itinerary advice please ... By slordan on 2 Sep 2010 5 7158 11 Sep 2010
Could you please give me some advice on my Lao itinerary (3 weeks) ... By DrNugu on 11 Jul 2014 2 706 28 Jul 2014
3 weeks in burma - Itinerary advice ... By Dimamah on 9 Jun 2012 5 4899 10 Jun 2012