Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

accommodation on ko kradan

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

im looking to spen a few nights on ko kradan in ealy april

the only thing that worries me is the lack of accommodation.

koh kalume or wallys seem like the most obvious choices.]

does anyone have any info on any resorts worth staying at on this island...hot water shower would be a bonus.

i tried emailing the websites with limitd success.

all help appreciated.

thanks

#1 Posted: 23/1/2010 - 02:28

• Advertisement

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

somebody can surely shed some light on the subject please....

#2 Posted: 9/2/2010 - 02:35

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

As mentioned to you previously, I was on Koh Kradan recently. There are about 4-5 places to stay. There has been some lively debate on TF about the different places to stay (and some good info on Tezza's site). I suggest you do a search on 'Koh Kradan' - the one that I found useful was called something like 'Where is Wally?". There is also a fair bit of info on Koh Kradan in the travel guide section, including useful accomm reviews.

Personally, I think Wally's (Lost Paradise) is the best. Other options include include Kradan Resort and Kalume, both of which have had positive and fairly negative reviews. (Tripadvisor.com had some useful info here). There is also an upmarket resort, Seven Seas (or similar) but this will be pricey.

Personally, I would recommend Wally's. I think of the cheapies, he is the only one that has power running 24 hours. Cold water wwasn't an issue - I would have called it luke warm. The only thing that bugged me slightly is that the the fan bungalows had shared bathroom facilities, but the bathroom was kept quite clean and it actually wasn't a problem.

You have to get hold of Wally by phone (SMS) rather than email. Check the threads I mentioned above to get the number.

#3 Posted: 21/2/2010 - 16:55

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

IS there any bungalows with single bathrooms?\

im happy to pay extra for my own bathroom as i would prefer not sharing with others.

do you have links to these websites you mentioin?\

you can contact me direct on peaceloveunity@hotmail.co.uk

thanks for all your help ;)

#4 Posted: 21/2/2010 - 17:18

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

@ lizzy thanks.

i would pm you but there is not a private message option :-/

#5 Posted: 21/2/2010 - 18:04

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Sorry, I don't have links and no time to search. I'm connecting via dial-up, and I'm getting ready to rush out the door. But run a search in Travelfish - it's what I did when I needed the info. All the info is here.

I'm sure the other other resorts have bathrooms, but the reviews and feedback of the accommodation was enough to put me off, hence I chose Lost Paradise. Like I said, I believe it's the best option on Koh Kradan, based on my experience and research.

#6 Posted: 22/2/2010 - 02:13

• silverwood

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

busylizzy did you make it to Wally's? How far from the beach? Nice views from any of the bungalows? Good snorkeling?

#7 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 06:43

• silverwood

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

busylizzy did you make it to Wally's? How far from the beach? Nice views from any of the bungalows? Good snorkeling?

#8 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 06:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.