Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Chang, Ko Mak & Ko Kut in july/august

• primozchwit-
    zchic

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2010

Hello!

First I would like to apologize if someone has already written some similar topic. I know there is already written a lot about raining season in Thailand, but I have looked true forum a lot, but I could find any similar topic, because I have some pretty specific questions.

We have already decided that we will go to Thailand in mid July and August, and we are OK with some rain and humidity. No problem there :)

1. What I want to ask you about is a selection of islands. We really want to see Ko Mak & Ko Kut being one of the most laid back, because we are looking for peace and quiet beaches. But, those islands also receive the most rain ... Like I said, we don't mind short showers, but we really would like 3 or 4 days of non-stop pouring rain. What is a probability of that?

2. I have read on some pages that in the past during the rainy season some nearby small island were closed down. I also read that in the past some people had difficulties to get on (and off) the Ko Mak & Ko Kut because of the waves. Does anyone have any experience with that?

3. I also heard that malaria is a problem on those islands, especially on Ko Kut, because of all the jungle. Is that true? Do we need to take some medicine with us?

Ok, That’s it. :) I guess I’m asking: is there just too much rain? I would be very glad to hear from somebody who’s been on those islands during rainy season.

If you say that there is just too wet, we would probably consider going to some more dry islands like Ko Samui an Ko Tao, although they just can’t compare. :) What do you think? Would that be smarter?

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate.

Have a nice day,
    P

#1 Posted: 25/1/2010 - 00:54

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Chang during July/August Monsoon Season...How Bad IS it? ... By idreaminthai on 6 May 2012 9 6497 21 May 2012
Thailand/Laos 3rd July-6th August Full moon Party - 3rd July ... By lydmac on 30 Jan 2012 8 2088 13 Apr 2012