Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

ko lipe

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

what are people's general thoughts and opinions on ko lipe as ive heard very mixed reports.

i like to chill out and swim om a nice uncrowded beach if possible,was gonna head straight from trang to ko kradan and then to lipe and then back up to lanta or railay but ive been advised to save time it would be better going lipe first as its furthest south and then heading back up to kradan etc.

will be going in april,any particular beaches,resorts accommodation i should visit/avoid.

thanks for any help

#1 Posted: 26/1/2010 - 01:36

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

hi have a look at my review,you might have already . Might answer some questions. I personally liked it. April will be very hot. Plenty of uncrowded beaches if you like. I would head to Hat Yai then mini bus to Pak Bara pier then speedboat to Lipe. From there you can catch tigerline ferries north and stop off where you like. any questions ask away.
    cheers
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/competitions/6291_congratulations-to-swag-for-his-winning-entry-on-ko-lipe

#2 Posted: 26/1/2010 - 05:09

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

yeah thanks ive read your review.

any more detailed information would be greatly appreciated please :)

ive already got a flight booked to trang,what would be the best way to get to lipe from here,ive checked the tigerline ferries website and it all seems a bit confusing...

#3 Posted: 3/2/2010 - 05:13

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

from what I can gather you can get picked from the airport or railway station at Trang. This will involve a minivan to the nearest pier and most likely a boat trip to one of the Trang islands where you would meet up with the ferry on it's trip south.I'm sure it will be pretty seamless.If your flight doesn't match up you will be able to head Trang railway station and opposite there are all the travel agencies which will sort it out for you.
    cheers

#4 Posted: 3/2/2010 - 06:02

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

cheers for your help :)

#5 Posted: 3/2/2010 - 13:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.