Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Transport From Trat (Koh Chang) To Pattaya

Posted by borgy on 27/1/2010 at 14:13

I'd like to know what's the best means of transport to travel from Koh Chang in Trat to Pattaya? Are there any good links by ferry/boat or by bus? Pls also give me a rough idea of the duration of the journey and the prices. What interests me is the route Koh Chang (Trat) - Pattaya only.Thanks...

#1 borgy has been a member since 27/1/2010. Posts: 11

Posted by exacto on 28/1/2010 at 01:19

overland will be your only option and out of the choices available the best and easiest one will be the minivans from trat that make the run to ban phe (for koh samet) and then on to pattaya.

most of the bangkok-bound buses take and inland route that bypasses pattaya, although you could also take a regular bus from trat to rayong and then catch a connection to pattaya from there.

i didn't do this route on my last trip from trat, so i don't have exact info for you. but best quess on the timeframe should be three to fours hours and cost in the under 300 baht range. again, best guess. cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by borgy on 30/1/2010 at 17:02

thank you so much Exacto....most prob we'll take the minibus service and make the necessary arrangements at the hotel during our stay in Koh Chang. And as you told me and as I heard there's a direct minivan service from Trat to Pattaya...takes circa 4hrs...thanks

#3 borgy has been a member since 27/1/2010. Posts: 11

Posted by stoneman on 11/5/2010 at 21:34

In 2008 and again in 2009 I booked on a minibus which picks you up from your accom. in Koh Chang and then delivers you to wherever you are staying in Pattaya. One stop for lunch then one stop (if required) to drop people off at Rayong. Depart around 8-8.30am arrive Pattaya around 4-4.30pm. For 650 baht (from memory) and door to door, that will do me everytime.

#4 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.