Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai Tiger Kingdom - proper information

• shaydan_01

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2009
    Location Australia

Hi guys,

I have done a search on this topic and have so far only found a few debates regarding peoples opinions on wild animals kept in captivity which is interesting to read, is not really what I'm after.

I am wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of some actual and presumably factual information regarding the Chiang Mai Tiger Kingdom and the welfare of the tigers kept there. I am interested in finding out about their breeding and releasing programs (if any) and how they obtain their tigers from the wild.

I visited the Kingdom in 2008 and it seemed to be very clean and modern although the enclosures were quite small. As with all wildlife "sanctuary's" in Thailand albeit around the world, it is very difficult to find information about these aspects of the organization.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Peace :)

#1 Posted: 30/1/2010 - 08:07

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai ... By DannyJ on 22 Jan 2009 6 1938 28 Jan 2009