Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Exchanging Euro Money To Thai Baht,

• borgy

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2010

Is it a possible to exhange EURO cash money in Thailand to Thai Baht? Is it a common practice? I know one can easily do this if you bring US dollars but I'd prefer to take some Euro Cash money instead considering I come from a Euro-zone country. And if this is possible, from where you can exchange the Euro money to Thai Baht?from certain banks only or you can say every bank can do this? Obviously, my primary source for Thai Baht will not be foriegn money as cash but rather withdrawals by means of credit cards from ATMs. Finally, do you have any tips in general for withdrawing money from ATMs as regards safety and getting the best rate possible? Is there any bank which has the best rates? and do you consider exchanging money at the airport either through the counters or via the ATMS as being competitive as regards rates?thanks :-)

#1 Posted: 1/2/2010 - 19:26

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
USD or Thai Baht in Laos ... By brianennion on 29 Jan 2009 1 6211 29 Jan 2009
Best place to get Thai Baht! ... By mlr on 12 Aug 2009 17 25769 18 Aug 2009
Using Thai Baht in Luang Prabang ... By TonyL on 4 Jul 2008 2 2246 5 Jul 2008
Taking Thai Baht to Vietnam ... By CrankyCarrot on 10 Dec 2011 14 3181 3 Jan 2012
Changing Chinese Yuan to Thai Baht ... By Preacher on 21 Jan 2010 4 2828 24 Jan 2010
Cambodia: Thai baht exchange for Riel ? ... By 5acrefarmer on 8 Jan 2011 2 3944 8 Jan 2011