Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

What is the best time of year to go for a month

Posted by jakkben on 2/2/2010 at 07:57

Hi,

Looking to travel Thailand for a month from Chiang Mai down to Phuket and Ko Samui, Ko Tao.
Every forum and site has something completely different to say! I dont mind humidity and some rain. A bit of advise would be fantastic. I was thinking September or October but not sure.

Thanks

Ben

#1 jakkben has been a member since 1/2/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by DLuek on 2/2/2010 at 11:03 TF writer

September/October would be the monsoon season - probably the worst time to go to Thailand. December, January and February are the cooler, dryer months, usually considered the best time to go. March and April are extremely hot, but that never bothers me much. May through August = hot and humid; some rain but not overwhelmingly so.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,122
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by jakkben on 2/2/2010 at 12:38

Thanks DLuek! Appreciate the advise.

#3 jakkben has been a member since 1/2/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by tezza on 3/2/2010 at 17:29

I'm a fan of shoulder season which tends to be most of November into early Dec + March into April most places. Most places are open, transport running, prices not high season at many places, not crowded.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by MADMAC on 3/2/2010 at 19:09

I'm with Tezza

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.