Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Honeymoon in Thailand & Cambodia in June

• mfree

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2010

My fiancé and I are trying to plan a romantic/adventurous honeymoon in Thailand and Cambodia for June 2010.

The plan in to spend the first few nights at a 4/5 star beach resort in Thailand for some rest, beach, snorkeling, and yoga. After that, we want to spend a little less cash and get on the road to Angkor Wat and other destinations in Cambodia (and possibly Vietnam).

We are looking at arriving on June 2, and spending about 15 days.

June does not seem to be the ideal time for great weather in Thailand. Seems like Koh Samui may be an option. Any advice or ideas will be helpful.

Thank you,
    Mike

#1 Posted: 4/2/2010 - 00:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yes, that time of year Ko Samui Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao are the pick of the bunch weather-wise, though you'll get the best snorkelling on Ko Tao and Ko Pha Ngan has some pretty upmarket digs that may suit your needs...

With 15-days I'd suggest saving Vietnam for another trip and perhaps having a couple more days on the island - say 4-5 days, then a couple in Bangkok followed by say 3 in Siem Reap/Angkor and two in Phnom Penh. Once you allow a day or two for travelling around there isn't much of your 15-days left and Vietnam tends to eat up days quickly.

Hope that helps - more questions, ask away.

#2 Posted: 4/2/2010 - 09:45

• jasinorbit

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Ko Samui would be great for the start. Lots of little great places to eat right on the beach. We stayed at the end of Chwang (sorry bout spelling?) which was quieter- and then walked up to the busier parts when we wanted too. I havent been to the other islands, so comment but heard great reviews about them form other travelers when we were there (esp Ko Tao)
    Have fun

#3 Posted: 7/2/2010 - 19:16

• dagardiners

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2009

if you're not afraid to spend money, fly from Samui to BKK and then get the direct flight to Siem Reap . pricey but cuts a lot of travel time out of the equation (unless you want the overland experience). I can wholeheartedly recommend the Villa Siem Reap deluxe room while there. Think it's about $45 a night though we got one of their package deals and loved every minute of it. have fun!

#4 Posted: 11/2/2010 - 22:56

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Yeah, Samui and surrounding islands is the spot for good weather in a normal June. I'll be back in the area this June.

I was there again August of last year (still dry season most years, certainly perfect weather 09) - maybe if you can indicate your budget I can give some ideas of some places to stay.

#5 Posted: 13/2/2010 - 13:48

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Wow, only a few days on the beach? The islands on the east coast are not the easiest to travel from if you ar heading to Cambodia - I'd give that some serious thought. You'd have to fly in via either KL or BKK to reach Samui and then on the way out travel through BKK again.

#6 Posted: 13/2/2010 - 20:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia in June for Honeymoon ... By rebmanjm on 18 Jan 2013 8 2786 25 Feb 2013
Honeymoon Gulf of Thailand May or June/ ... By skittles_2203 on 30 Dec 2009 5 2817 31 Dec 2009
Honeymoon June/July in Thailand or Malaysia? ... By maribsa on 23 Feb 2010 4 6462 5 Mar 2010