Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Island & beach itinerary help please!!

• stotty

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2010

Greetings, iam currently at kata beach phuket and am looking to move on in a day or two. Have spent a couple months travelling through Thailand and Laos and am on the last leg of the trip. I have just over 2 weeks left. Can someone suggest the next couple of places to go?? Ideally next place to be more budget backpacker style as I have splurged a bit here in kata. Not really looking for a party scene but more laid back secluded vibes. Cheap beach bungalows would be ideal. Thanks in advance and I love Travelfish!!!

#1 Posted: 5/2/2010 - 17:50

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

So many places within easy access of Phuket .
    Fancy the best snorkelling in Thailand and neat National Park tents or bungalows? - get up to Khao Lak and out the the Similans.
    Fantastic scenery, crowds and party - nearby Phi Phi.
    Fantastic scenery and crowds - Railay (Krabi). Some climbing - adjacent Ton Sai.
    Great all round island with laid back beaches, party beaches - Ko Lanta.
    Laid back - Ko Jum, Ko Yao Noi.
    Super laid back and closest to Phuket - Ko Yao Yai.

Now all those are within a few hours. If you want to go further ......

#2 Posted: 5/2/2010 - 17:59

• stotty

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2010

Awesome thanks for your help. Was definitely goingto do railay and will now most certainly do khao lak. Any thoughts on which to do first? Are the bungalows in the national park close to the beach?? Any idea how much they cost? Thanks again

#3 Posted: 5/2/2010 - 18:25

• ceedee1

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010

was thinking of railay myself but may add khao lak to the menu or even ko ngai.

also as tezza mentions.ko lanta is a cool island quite big,uqite laid back,decent longbeaches (plenty of roomto yourself) good and fair priced accommodation and a few things to do if you get bored.

#4 Posted: 6/2/2010 - 07:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.