Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

trat beaches vs trat islands

Posted by boxee on 8/2/2010 at 12:27

i was planning on staying on one of the islands in trat on my way to cambodia , but every resort i look at i find is not good value for money , now i have found this place and the main land of trat
http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/cct/accommodation.asp

so my question is would it be better to stay on the main land and do day trips out to the island or would u just go to one of the islands (ko muk, kut)

#1 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/2/2010 at 07:49 admin

I'm not familiar with that particular resort, but I'd definetely lean towards staying on the islands -- otherwise you'll be spending half your time tooing and froing on ferries and transport.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Tilapia on 9/2/2010 at 21:57

I agree with Somtam. No point in staying in a place where you have to travel 40-50 km just to make day trips out to places where you could be staying.

Prices at that resort start at over B3000. That's above and beyond what most places charge on Koh Chang, Koh Mak, Koh Kut, and Koh Wai, except for the very high end places. What do you consider good value for money?

Better to stay on one of the islands.

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,492
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by exacto on 15/2/2010 at 00:52

between inconvenient ferry schedules and the time getting to and from, you are definitely better off staying out on the islands as the others suggest. plus, the cost of those ferry boats isn't cheap either, and that cost would add up quickly.

there are day trips that go from island to island and back if you are interested in having a look at more than one place. there are also good snorkeling trips from almost any beach and/or resort that will give you a good overall view of the area.

if you are looking for a specific recommendation, we thought that Koh Mak Buri Hut Natural Resort was excellent value for money and a great place to relax on our visit there in late December 2009. regards.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,632
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.