Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

food sickness: koh phi phi

• melindabh

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2010

i noticed that on this site, they list koh phi phi as "could have been better." let me say: the island in itself is FANTASTIC, should you avoid a few traps. definitely don't go to barracuda dive shop. this may not be totally applicable to you, but: they hit on women to the point that you feel uncomfortable in their dive companionship. we felt so intimidated we had no choice but to be nice to them and they brought my friend up at at ten bar, which is TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone who is a dive professional. i could go on, but the remainder makes me feel as though i have reverted to my high school adolescence, what with the flirting and unprofessionalism. needless to say: GO ELSEWHERE.

secondly, DON'T go to hungry buffalo restaurant. the owner scratched his bugbites to the point of bleeding and the food later made me sick for the first time in my entire month long trip to thailand. there are MUCH better places to eat.

i believe that if you avoid these places, you may enjoy phi phi don. which, i truely hope you do! cheers, m.

#1 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 23:31

• Advertisement

• greenman42

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2009

Ok geez, we get the message. No need to post it again.

#2 Posted: 11/2/2010 - 12:50

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

This is a curious post as I didn't understand half of what was posted.

#3 Posted: 11/2/2010 - 15:05

• thorny_bird

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Only half?

#4 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 10:34

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

C'mon guys - I got the message. And my IQ is approx 46.257.

#5 Posted: 13/2/2010 - 13:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.