Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Half Moon Party - Ko Phangan

• Worldtravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Hi there

Has anyone been to a Half moon party on KP? I'm planning on going to the one on the 7th March with my boyfriend and a mate, but can't find much information about it/what it's like.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 17:17

• Advertisement

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

I've been, the half moon party is excellent.
    It's held in the "Jungle" in the south of the Island. Don;t worry about finding it, you will as there will be flyers EVERYWHERE! Transport there and back is pretty easy to come by to so no worries there. The location and general setup is fab.

As is the norm, don't take anything valuable and if you do take drugs, I wouldn't touch anything on offer there, you'll either end up very ill or being lifted by the police - and you won't like that :)

Many say it's better that the full moon.

#2 Posted: 13/2/2010 - 20:47

• POLITEGUY

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2010

I think the atmosphere is OK at the half moon parties, but the music is absolutely awful.

I personally hate Trance music and the whole vibe of Trance parties, Koh Phangan has this reputation as a party Island, but frankly all the parties here are awful, This is not Ibiza,

The best place to party, was Big Boom Bar Had Rin, which closed over 5 years ago.

Do not make a special trip to go partying, Samui has many better parties.

#3 Posted: 19/2/2010 - 08:52

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Lol, ok Polite Guy with 2 posts.
    A great many would disagree with you. I'm always suspicious of someone whith so few posts - no offence.

Wasn't all trance when I was there. Koh Phangan caters for a very different tourist to what you'll find on Samui.

#4 Posted: 20/2/2010 - 00:57

• jamesspigne-
    si

Joined Travelfish
    18th August, 2008
    Total reviews: 25

Please read the many articles about the Full Moon Party and the deaths accidents and crimes that are reported there every month. I am not a party goer myself,but even if i was this would be the last place on Earth i would go or even allow my kids to visit. The outside the local Mafia on the island hate it and have asked the govenment more than once to stop the parties.The people who visit are not seen as the type of people the Thais think highly of. They might smile alot but its just to clean you out of your money. Sadly many have mistaken a thai smile as liking a person and that has nothing to do with it. If you should decide to visit,Pleaseeee read up on Thai customs and don,t spend your entire trip drugged up,drunk or walking the beaches naked. The thais really consider this very rude behavior. Too often i just see alot of very rude idiots on these islands. Thailand can use alot less of these people. Again please behave!!!and be safe.

#5 Posted: 20/2/2010 - 12:05

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

I wonder if you've been to one? As i said, I've only been to the half moon. What surprised me was the mix of people there. From families, a couple of game pensioners, couples, student and of course those so drugged out of their heads I couldn't tell what they were.

I'm quite sure thailand could use a lot less of these people, but I guess money talks in tourist Thailand. Kinda sad that you can be bought so easily. If you really cared you'd stop them...

#6 Posted: 20/2/2010 - 18:20

• LazyTravell-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    23rd May, 2012

POLITE GUY

Psytrance is the best dance music!
    The vibes at psytrance raves i'v been too are the best ones with the best people.
    BOMBOMBOBMOBMBOMBOMBBOMBOMBOMBOM

#7 Posted: 23/5/2012 - 08:01

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

Politeguy is sort of right on the music. I found that when I went they stuck with the same music. They didn't change it up at all!!! that same beat went on and on. I like house, etc but it just repeated its self. That being said - it all depends on the DJs. You think with a new DJ they would change the beat a bit? I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Be sure to grab some fluorescent clothing before you go. As for getting there and home, grab a truck/cab. It was a few $$ each.

#8 Posted: 26/5/2012 - 01:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Phangan/Half Moon Party/Hotel ... By Chicagojosh85 on 8 Nov 2012 2 2381 8 Nov 2012
How to get the last ferry in time for half moon party on Koh Phangan? ... By eve1eve on 20 Nov 2013 5 1016 22 Nov 2013
half moon party phuket?? ... By chloe_louise on 21 Oct 2011 0 1034 21 Oct 2011
Nov Half Moon Party accomodation advice ... By alssolotour on 14 Aug 2009 1 1444 16 Aug 2009
Full/Half Moon Party- Is it worth it?? ... By lilymissfun on 20 Feb 2012 6 8657 28 Feb 2012
Koh Phangan Full Moon Party NYE!!! ... By vipinsh on 22 Sep 2012 1 2867 1 Oct 2012
NYE and/or Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan ... By seans_elysees on 1 Nov 2011 2 1501 14 Nov 2011
Help! - Koh Phangan Accommodation Full Moon Party ... By KatieI on 15 Jul 2009 2 2956 16 Jul 2009
BTs Hostel & Restaurant Koh Phangan HAAD RIN FULL MOON PARTY ... By BTs on 8 Aug 2013 2 1477 9 Aug 2013
anyone interested to join for the full moon party in koh phangan on 19th of march'11. ... By alee on 4 Mar 2011 2 1385 4 Mar 2011